Progressive Cabinets & Millwork, a member of the Cherubini Group of Companies, is looking for two Lead Hands, focused on cabinetry assembly & dress out, to join our team in Dartmouth, NS!
Working with the crew at Progressive means joining a team focused on safety, inclusivity, collaboration, and quality. As Atlantic Canada’s premiere cabinetry and millwork provider, you’ll be assisting in the fabrication of product in the region’s most impressive residential and multi-unit developments. Plus - it's a great place to work!
The Assembly and/or Dress Out Lead Hand, reporting directly to the Plant Foreman, will be responsible for supervising, mentoring, and leading the Assembly and/or Dress Out department in the Progressive Cabinets & Millwork Ltd. plant.
- Review and confirm accuracy of plant supplied paperwork.
- Conduct daily inspections of equipment and machinery.
- Supervise and lead the installation of accessories and hardware as required (hinge plates, runners, specialty hardware, etc.).
- Assist in the assembly of all drawers, base cabinets, vanity cabinets, upper cabinets, and finished cabinets as required.
- Assist other departments as required to have components prepared for when the assembly line starts to fill up.
- Assist with repair or recut of parts to help keep assembly moving as a complete job.
- Diligently label components at each step of the assembly process and maintain accurate records and paperwork as needed.
- Assemble and install special items.
- Receive doors/fronts from either Edge Banding or Finish Department and inspect quality prior to drilling and hanging door or drawer fronts.
- Ensure perfect fit and finish of doors and fronts.
- Upon completion of dress-out, conduct final quality check to ensure product is ready to be safely wrapped and palletized.
- Assist with palletizing as needed.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
· At least one year of supervisory/lead hand experience.
· The drive to learn and a willingness to be cross trained on other aspects of the manufacturing process.
· Previous experience in cabinetry and millwork considered an asset.
· Strong desire to be an active participant in our safety culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
We have an outstanding Safety Culture that focuses on the health and wellbeing of our workforce. The desire to be an active participant in our Safety Program is a vital aspect of employment within the Cherubini Group of Companies.
We also offer competitive wages and company benefits, such as:
· Full health and medical benefits available after the employee probationary period, including telemedicine, Employee Assistance Programming, and counselling services.
· Opportunity for growth within the organization.
· Overtime (time and a half) after 45 hours of weekly work with optional overtime shifts.
· Discounted gym membership.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $21.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dartmouth, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- supervisory: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person