At McNally, we pride ourselves on our ability to develop solutions to many unique challenges that present themselves on both land and water. Widely recognized as one of North America’s leading tunnel and marine contractors, we have become synonymous with completing difficult and demanding projects. On the water we boast one of the best equipped construction fleets in Eastern Canada; able to successfully handle a wide variety of marine construction jobs effectively and efficiently.
To complete our work, we rely on highly skilled and motivated Project Managers, Technicians, Surveyors, Engineers and Superintendents to work together and successfully accomplish the unique opportunities that are presented.
Why McNally Construction is a great place to work:
Our Vision: Building on our unique expertise, we will continue to grow and make a positive contribution to society by delivering quality projects safely and profitably while providing an environment of opportunity for our people.
McNally employees enjoy excellent compensation including a retirement savings plan AND an employer paid Group Health Benefits WITH dental and vision care. We also offer the opportunity for travel, advancement, and to work with leading edge technology.
Location: Based in the Point Tupper Operation Center, travel required within Atlantic Canada based on Project Requirements/Needs
Industry: Marine Construction
Responsible for the overall management of the Point Tupper Yard.
- Managing the Maintenance and servicing of equipment as required
- Ensuring McNally Equipment maintenance standards are met
- Management and design coordination for major structural repairs
- Coordinate transfers of equipment and materials in and out of the Operation Center
- Facility Maintenance
- Responsible for yard/equipment repair budget and reviewing costs versus budget on a regular basis
- Timely and accurate invoice processing
- Supervise and monitor performance of mechanical staff assigned to the Operations Center and provide feedback (positive or negative)
- Manage direct reports employee records and submit to HR/payroll
- Timesheets, vacation, discipline and attendance data is provided to HR and Payroll
- Coordinate new employee onboarding for staff with QHSE
- Participate in recruitment and hiring process for new staff
- Staff and labour relations are managed in coordination with Human Resources
Quality Health Safety and Environment
- Ensure the Quality, Health, Safety and Environment program is managed effectively
- Partner with Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental team
- Knowledge of project scheduling, procurement, budgeting, and QHS&E
- Knowledge of the equipment fleet in terms of both operation and maintenance
- Understanding of projects and the application of labour and equipment to those projects Certified Heavy Equipment Technician with courses in hydraulics, and electronics, or equivalent experience considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years field experience and supervisory experience
Job Type: Full-time
- field & supervisory: 5 years (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person