Edventure Clubs Inc. is a Saskatoon-based innovative educational organization that provides after-school classes, holiday camps and enrichment workshops featuring S.T.R.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Reading& wRiting, Engineering, Art and Math) programs to students in Grades K-12.
Our Reading and Writing program is also open to students overseas mainly from China. We are currently looking for EAL tutors available to provide weekly or semi-weekly one-on-one or small group lessons (25/50 minutes each) to students via video-conference to students overseas.
Typical contracts are 24-48 lessons and are often renewed, so a long-term commitment to students is ideal. You will have the opportunity to see your students grow and develop their skills over time and re-target their lessons as needed.
We provide tried and tested curricula with diverse materials geared to specific student needs, but teacher’s input and customization is required.
- At least 1-year teaching experience is required.
- Good at engaging children in virtual classroom.
- Be able to work consistently 1-15 hours/week.
- Weekend, early morning or late evening availability is highly preferred.
- Typical working time: 5:00-9:00 am (EST) on weekdays, 8:00-12:00 pm (EST) on Friday and Saturday.
It is a great opportunity for TESOL students and EAL teacher trainees to apply the academic knowledge in reality and gain professional teaching experience.
- At least Bachelor's or equivalent from college/university
- CERTESL or completion of other TESL Canada recognized teacher training programs, and/or teacher certification from TESL Canada or Provincial TESL organization is preferred
- At least one year teaching experience
- Major in education, linguistics, child study, psychology or relevant majors is a must
- Teaching experience in elementary or high schools is a plus
- Personal computer with camera (See hardware configuration requirements below)
- High speed internet connection (A MUST)
- Quiet, clutter-free, well-lit teaching environment
- Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Make sure your computer and internet meet the requirements below.
- CPU: Interl i7 9 generations and newer; Amd Ryzen7 s generations and newer
- CPU Marks: 15000+ Check: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php
- System: Window 10 and newer; mac OS 10.14 and newer
- RAM: Window ≥8GB; Mac ≥8G
- Resolution: ≥1920X1080
- Network Bandwidth: ≥10 Mbps (Test your speed at https://www.speedtest.net/)
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6-12 months
Part-time hours: 1-10 per week
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- What online platform are you familiar with or good at for online teaching? Such as Zoom, Classin, Goolge Meet, Microsoft Teams, VooV Meeting, etc.
- Are you available for online teaching during 5:00-9:00 am EST on weekdays?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- teaching: 1 year (required)
- CERTESL or TESOL certificate (preferred)
Work Location: Remote