Do you believe in the power of teamwork and sharing ideas? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional quality and service with everything you do? Do you seek out ideas for improving the status quo? If you want to make a difference and love being surrounded by the best and the brightest, Bureau Veritas Laboratories might be the place for you!
Imagine being surrounded by the brightest minds in the industry.
On-the-job training Competitive benefits RRSP with employer contribution Bonuses on different work shifts Employee discounts Free parking Preventive measures for COVID-19; mask provided, increased cleaning of workplaces, several hand disinfection stations.
- Results orientated to produce high quality defensible analytical data, safely and on time by following applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Performs sample preparation and provides general support in the analysis of samples.
- Performs basic / advanced sample preparation. May also perform basic sample analyses.
- Coordinates the priority organization and flow of samples and/or materials.
- Gains full knowledge with respect to performing analytical procedures and related quality control techniques.
- Participates in building a strong team of analytical professionals.
- Adheres to Bureau Veritas Code of Ethics Policy.
- Supports and complies with all Bureau Veritas policies, Quality System and Health & Safety program.
- Performs basic testing procedures.
- Performs sample preparation and procedures prior to analyses.
- Recording of results in logbooks and on FCDs. Data entry into LIMS may also be required.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs) when conducting any laboratory work or procedure.
- Ensures a high level of accuracy in sample prep and analysis.
- Employs proper laboratory techniques to minimize risk of mislabelling, sample mix-up and cross contamination between samples and other materials.
- Prioritizes daily workload based on sample and client requirement.
- Provides Supervisor/Manager with updates on workstation status including advance notification of any delays.
- Understands analysis procedures and problem solves issues.
- Identifies any non-routine samples and seeks guidance on procedures for handling.
- Identifies and communicates non-conformances to Supervisor.
- Maintains training records and relevant qualifications.
- Meets quality and TAT specifications required by the client and ensure samples are analyzed within holding time requirements.
- Keeps work area clean, neat and organized.
- Participates, when requested in Department and Health & Safety meetings.
- Participates, when requested in internal and external audits.
- Provides training, technical expertise and mentoring to junior staff.
- Proactive in ensuring that consumable supplies are available in the lab.
- Ensures that instruments and equipment are appropriately maintained.
- All other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Accurately follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs).
- Positive outlook with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good time-management, communication, multi-tasking and priority setting skills.
- Works both independently and as part of a team.
- Detail orientated and record keeping skills.
- Learns quickly.
- Adapts to a changing environment.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Basic understanding of Bureau Veritas Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Demonstrated success in the role of a Laboratory Technician.
- Post secondary school education and equivalent experience.
- An Analyst is expected to perform repetitive somewhat physical work using a variety of machines and equipment as required and according to deadlines established by more experienced Analysts and/or their Supervisor.
- May involve long periods of standing.
- Some lifting and carrying (up to 10 kgs).
- Requires flexible working hours, overtime and shift work.
- Hazardous materials are handled using established safety procedures and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Bureau Veritas is a world leader in testing, inspection and certification services.
When we look at Bureau Veritas, we want to see a reflection of the communities in which we work. Inclusion is about actively involving every employee’s ideas, knowledge, perspectives, approaches and styles to maximize business success. Inclusion is about attracting new talent who will bring more diversity to our workforce, with differences in culture, professional backgrounds and beliefs.
Our purpose: shaping a world of trust.
Guaranteeing quality, ensuring Health and Safety, mitigating risks and improving performance as well as environmental protection and social responsibility … This is what Bureau Veritas is about, truly believing that it contributes to bettering society.
Blending performance & integrity, with ambition & humility, responsibility & openness, we are proud that our people leave a mark on what they do.
We respect our people and believe in our talents.
We empower them to leave their mark, working as a team for the benefit of our 400,000 clients across 140 countries.
We believe that leaving a mark is a true challenge and opportunity for every one of us, a sign of trust and impact, a bond with the future, a proof of growth and development.
Being part of the BV family, is more than just working, it’s being convinced that you will Leave your mark…. in shaping a world of trust.
Join our talented community of scientists and experts and apply today at http://bvlabs.com/careers/current-opportunities
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Shaping a World of Trust