- Location: This opportunity has the ability to be remotely based within Canada (except for QC), or onsite/hybrid/remote in the Vancouver, BC Lower Mainland.
- Annual Base Salary: $22,000 - $25,000 CAD (Part-time, 20 hours per week)
- Please note that employment is contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks and background checks, including a Canadian criminal background check.
- Please upload your application files in PDF format only.
Safe Software is looking for an HR Coordinator to join our Human Resources team on a part-time basis (20 hours per week). As an HR Coordinator, you will support the HR Team with a variety of tasks, including coordinating interviews, resume reviews, phone interviews & administration of employee programs. You will also ensure that all of our employee data is housed appropriately in our HRIS system & provide general HR team assistance. In this role, you have the opportunity to help support our most important asset - our people!
As a part of this team, you’ll join a group of close-knit HR professionals who care deeply and who want to provide the best experience for our team members to gain practical experience and insights into the operations of a dynamic, high tech organization.
Our Human Resources team provides the greater Safe team with support across a variety of areas, including Recruitment & Onboarding, Learning & Development, Performance Management, Payroll, Compensation, and Employee Relations to maintain Safe’s incredible track record of being a high-performing and fun place to work.
As an HR Coordinator, you will:
- Assist with recruitment activities such as job postings, screening resumes, conducting phone interviews, scheduling interviews, conducting background checks, facilitating communication between candidates and hiring managers, and providing a smooth candidate experience.
- You will ensure all of our employee data is housed appropriately in our new system by uploading documents, checking accuracy of information, and filing in the correct locations.
- Assist with the administration of employee programs (recruitment, learning & development, performance management, etc).
- Work on ad hoc HR projects as required.
HR Coordinators come from a variety of backgrounds with diverse skills and knowledge. Those who are most successful in this role have experience with the following.
- Strong attention to detail is imperative in this role.
- Previous administrative/coordination experience in an HR environment.
- Previous experience supporting the recruitment lifecycle with a solid understanding of recruitment processes, candidate screening methods, and conducting interviews.
- Effective communication skills - you are able to communicate your ideas and thoughts clearly and concisely.
- Excellent time management skills - you can manage and prioritize your action items.
- Can work well independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality. Upholding ethical standards and maintaining professional integrity is essential.
- Previous experience with an HRIS system (UKG is an asset).
- Education in an HR related field.
When you choose a career with Safe Software, you’re also choosing…
- Meaningful Work: Make a profound impact across our business, workplace and data integration product.
- A Supportive Environment: Feel empowered to share your ideas and implement them with high autonomy and team support.
- Social Responsibility: Become a part of a team that finds meaningful ways to give back. Take the day off to volunteer for a cause that matters to you or join our D&I Committee and shape our collective future.
- Learning & Career Development: We believe in your continuous learning and growth. Take advantage of an annual learning budget and training programs paid for by Safe.
- Flexible Working Hours: Flexible and remote-friendly work arrangements to fit your lifestyle. Work when you want, and how you want to.
- Work-Life Balance: There's no place for burnout at Safe. Maintain a healthy balance of your personal and work life without splitting yourself in two. Enjoy 3 weeks of vacation to recharge, plus an additional paid 6 seasonal days off per year.
- Health & Wellness: Extended health, dental and counseling benefits from day 1. That’s right, no waiting period.
- Shared Success: Share in Safe’s success with our bi-annual profit sharing and RRSP/TFSA matching program.
- An Accessible Commute: Regardless of your commute method, we’re located close to public transit, and provide complimentary parking and bike storage for our team!
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 200 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact [email protected].