Established in 1785 Bixlers is an American luxury jewelry, specialty retailer, wholesaler & manufacturer. We are America’s oldest jeweler, with manufacturing teams & offices in Montreal CAD and Vermont U.S. Our success is attributed to over 225 years of painstaking dedication to our customers. We are expanding our North American businesses, thus rapidly expanding our manufacturing, wholesale & Ecommerce channels. We are well on our way, and this current Assistant Controller position will have a major impact in helping our organization achieve its ambitious growth objectives.
If you are interested in being a part of a highly motivated team that values collaboration, innovation while working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment this is a great career opportunity. The Assistant Controller will assist in leading and managing an existing team of 4 people (accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable) while overseeing the month, quarter and year-end closing process. The successful candidate will also be a key contributor to systems and process improvements.
Summary of Duties
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of the monthly general ledger close responsibilities for the corporate entities, including the preparation of the journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis.
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Manage Accounts Payable functions to ensure all invoices are entered timely and accurately, vendor relations are managed and prioritized, obligations are met timely, and the department is staffed adequately.
- Manage Accounts Receivable functions to ensure timely collection of revenue, appropriate credit terms/limits granted to customers, accurate application of customer receipts, timely and accurate customer invoicing, and the department is staffed adequately.
- Compute and oversee corporate tax related matters (CAD and US tax provisions).
- Compute and oversee corporate filings for SR&ED tax credits.
- Support team growth and accounting aspects of acquisitions.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and budgeting process.
- Manage financial controls and accounting procedures.
- Prepare financial reports and analyze financial data.
- Manage and record financial transactions.
- Monitor and control cash flow, budgets and forecasts.
- Run the annual financial audit process.
- Partner strategically with the different owners of the business functions to manage risk and drive process improvements.
- Assist with onboarding of new users.
Education: University degree required; A CPA designation (an asset).
Experience: 5+ years' experience in accounting required
Computer Skills: Experience in working with NAV Dynamics, Power BI is highly preferred
- Proficient in Office365 (Excel must be advanced), Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English
- Excellent time management, project management and planning skills required
- Strong attention to detail
- Must possess strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to multi-task and work with a high sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Energetic, passionate and positive can-do attitude a must
- Discretion and confidentiality
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- accounting: 5 years (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19