Monday to Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
In your role as Motorsports Technician with The North West Company (NWC), you will ensure excellent customer repairs for all Motorsports product sold in market. You will ensure the work will be completed in a safe, professional and timely manner.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Responsible for trouble shooting, diagnosing and effectively repairing NWC’s motorsport equipment;
- Responsible for providing a cause of failure, list of parts required and recommendation on repair to service advisor;
- Provide accurate notes and parts lists to service advisor in order to build estimates;
- Process repairs, maintenance requests and new unit preparations according to schedule set by service advisor within the allocated time frame;
- NWC Motorsports is an evolving business that will require changes in processes, systems and duties – the Technician needs to understand the direction and assist with the evolution of the business;
- Responsible to complete all OEM training modules within one month of release to ensure they are providing customers the best possible service;
- Assist with truck unloading upon request and operate company truck transporting units to and from WLSC warehouse.
- High School Diploma or equivalency;
- 2+ years’ experience in a related field or must have experience working on personal ATV’s, Ski Doo and/or water crafts;
- Ability to use and train staff on OEM diagnostic systems;
- Ability to write diagnosis and work completed on routine reports and correspondence;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
- Ensures that the service department offers the highest level of customer service;
- Strong time management skills, with a capability to work effectively under pressure;
- High knowledge and experience with Motorsports products such as; Ski doo, Honda and Yamaha preferred; and,
- Ability to travel up to 6 weeks per year.
Multiple locations in Iqaluit, Thompson and Winnipeg.
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
- Being Enterprising • Committing to our Customer • Working with Passion • Leading and Developing Others • Demonstrating Respect and Inclusivity • Building Trust
The North West Company is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all candidates including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, and persons with disabilities.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For Internal Applicants Only:
Interested internal applicants are invited to apply directly on the website no later than 4:00 P.M, Wednesday, June 28th, 2023
. Internal applicants must select “Yes” as the answer to “Are you currently employed by The North West Company or any of its subsidiaries?” during the application process.
Positions will be advertised externally; however internal candidates will receive first consideration based on qualifications. NWC employees are encouraged to bring forward applications of external candidates that meet the qualifications of this position.
NOTE: If an existing employee is selected for a posted position they will be required to remain in that position a minimum of one year prior to applying for other posted positions unless authorized by their current supervisor. New employees to the company must also remain in their position a minimum of one year prior to applying for posted positions unless authorized by their supervisor. This position adheres to the Corporate Job Posting Guidelines.