TIMBERWALK RETIREMENT COMMUNITY - ACTIVITY ASSISTANT
Part-Time - $17.77/hr
Riverstone Retirement Communities is a locally owned and operated company offering, a highly respected, full continuum of care to it’s residents. We believe that everyone deserves to live a meaningful, engaged and joyful life. We strive to ensure our residents live comfortably and with dignity in a safe and happy environment. Riverstone offers our residents a variety of lifestyle options to best suit their needs-from independent to assisted living, including memory care.
Our valued employees work in an environment that fosters job satisfaction, respect, responsibility, loyalty and personal growth. We are looking for positive, caring team members who want to make a difference in the lives of seniors.
- Diploma in Recreation and Leisure Services or Equivalent Education and Experience
- Experience in Leisure with seniors
- Demonstrate organizational, leadership and animation skills
- Creative and innovative
- Work as part of a team
- Capable of adapting to different situations and change
- Keen interest in working with seniors
- Participate in the planning, organization, promotion and evaluation of activities;
- Animate individual and group activities;
- Encourage residents to participate in activities of their choice;
- Assist residents during activity time;
- Keep attendance record of all activities;
- Encourage volunteer and family member participation in activities;
- Participate in departmental staff meetings;
- Participate in in-service training programs;
- In collaboration with the Recreations Manager, participate in a three-month probationary evaluation and annually thereafter;·
- Is aware and endeavors to respect and promote Resident Rights and Responsibilities;
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the recreation department.
Riverstone Retirement is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please advise in advance if you require any accommodation during the application or selection process. Any information you send us will be handled professionally, respectfully and in complete confidence.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.