- Fish and seafood plant machine operators.
- Set-up and operate machines to clean, cut, cook, smoke, brine, dehydrate or otherwise process fish or seafood products.
- Set-up and operate machines to can, bag, box, or otherwise package fish and seafood products.
- Check products and packaging for defects and ensure conformance to company standards and perform corrective machine adjustments as required.
- Record production information such as quantity, weight, date and type of products packaged.
- Fish and seafood plant cutters and cleaners.
- Cut, clean, and trim fish or seafood prior to marketing or further processing.
- Scrape away scales, cut fish, separate fillets and remove scrap parts using a knife.
- Check fish fillets to determine optimal number and size of fillet sections, cut sections according to specifications and place in containers for weighing.
- Disjoint and remove meat from lobsters or other crustaceans preparatory to canning or further processing.
- No degree, certificate or diploma required.
- No experience is required.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Physically demanding (standing for extended periods, bending, crouching, kneeling).
- Able to effectively communicate in English or French.
Job Types: Seasonal, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 270 days
Salary: From $15.81 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-31
Expected start date: 2024-03-18