Founded in 1971, WITRON has become an international leader in automated storage logistics with more than 5,100 colleagues worldwide tending to the planning, realization, and maintenance of our highly automated systems. Our teams – far more than just mechanics, electronic technicians, or mechatronic engineers – act as professionals who are perfectly equipped with full power for finding the best solution to the specific needs of each of our customers.
Our growing Canadian division now has close to 600 employees. Our corporate culture, which is characterized by passion, cooperation, and the drive to move things forward, has allowed us to offer 200 internal promotions to our Canadian employees in recent years.
APPLY and JOIN a dynamic team in a fascinating high-tech environment facing new and exciting challenges daily.
Witron is hiring for his distribution center, with top of the line automated system. Including full benefits for all employees.
Joining a great and dynamic team within a world class state-of-the-art automated DC, we will provide you with everything you need to thrive!!
Yearly Bonus for all employees !
Primary Job Functions:
Commissioning & Troubleshooting/Maintenance of Cranes and other automated machinery
- Perform unplanned/reactive electrical, mechanical repairs.
- Electrical / mechanical and root cause analysis, fault finding and diagnosis, as well as recovery and resolution.
- Analysis of component failures and single point of failure prevention and recurrences using system information.
- Establish and improve inspection methods and component/process improvements through continues improvement program.
- Provide technical support and emergency response for critical breakdowns for Onsite team.
- Be responsible for system performance monitoring and operational status awareness for onsite team.
- Perform planned maintenance on automated cranes, conveyors, and specialty equipment
- Collaborate with other tradesmen on mechanical and electrical problems Use online maintenance platform for shift cross overs, tracking parts, and completing work orders.
- Understand and follow site specific protocols and escalation procedures.
- Maintenance as per structured maintenance schedule.
- Document and complete planned repairs and maintenance activities.
- Refrigerated environment includes an additional Cold Temperature Premium
- Inspect, repair, and replace electrical/mechanical wear and spare parts inclusive of set up and calibration.
- Perform maintenance related cleaning of equipment.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an industrial automation environment and/or manufacturing with both mechanical, electrical, and controls troubleshooting and repair.( motors, gearboxes, chains, bearings, shafts, sprockets, gears, belts)
- If you have a Journeyman Electrical - Industrial Electrician apprentice (an asset) or
- Red seal endorsement in Industrial Millwright or Electrical (also an asset).
- Rigging and hoisting experience of loads up to 1 ton.
- Rebuilding mechanical drive systems and bearing assemblies.
- Welding experience considered an asset.
- Experienced and comfortable isolation and verifying AC voltages up to 600V and controls voltage of 24V.
- Familiar and adaptability to the 5S system.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills combined with excellent time management and well organized.
- Physically able to lift up to 25kg unassisted, climb ladders and cranes, work at heights exceeding 20 meters.
- 4/10 schedule with NO rotation in the schedule (3 days off per week)
- Excellent computer literacy including MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Read and understand mechanical drawings and blueprints.
- Electrically and mechanically maintain, troubleshoot, and repair automated equipment including but not limited to conveyors, cranes, and hoists.
- Highly motivated, proactive, and willingness to take on new challenges and tasks.
- Comfortable working in fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be meticulous and able to work independently and safely.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and practices through consistent work practices.
- Documentation and training of maintenance personnel to ensure standardize maintenance practices.
- Proficiency is using hand and power tools, rigging equipment.
- Must be willing to travel for training purposes (international and National).
WITRON is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $33.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Surrey, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person