DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete minor work orders such as replacing filters, light bulbs, patching vinyl, painting, repairs to pipelines, toilets, sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment, etc. Perform preventative maintenance duties as assigned.
- Ensure that assigned equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
- Monitor efficiency of equipment and electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, guests entrance/access doors, television sets, lighting systems and makes minor repairs and/or replacements to ensure proper operation and maximum efficiency.
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures in guest rooms, if needed.
- Maintain front entrance area, parking lot and garage, and street entrance in a clean and presentable manner.
- Assists in checking and makes minor repairs on general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipelines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the exterior of the facility, grounds, parking, gym, (including property signs and lighting)
- Follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenishes supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimizes waste.
- Report all unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
- Perform other duties as assigned. In carrying out your duties you will follow all Company and Brand Standards
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Must have high school diploma or equivalent and 1+ year(s) of general building maintenance and repair experience.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, lifting, pulling or pushing items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Remain stationary for extended periods of time
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling
- Working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrical skills, preventive maintenance procedures, and reasonable understanding of building equipment and hand tools.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other hotel staff and hotel guests.
- Attention to detail and customer service skills
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive their instructions for the day or to read equipment repair manuals.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, are used frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $53,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Morning shift
Work Location: In person