Conifer Energy Inc. is a new entrant to the Canadian Energy marketplace supported by senior industry professionals and an exemplary Operations staff. At inception, our production exceeds 9,000 BOED and produces our energy from the best reservoirs in the province of Alberta not only for recovery, but also for their future Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage potential.
We are currently recruiting for a Journeyman Millwright based out of our Swan Hills/Whitecourt area. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment in our Oil/Gas Facilities. Preference will be given to those candidates that reside in the Swan Hills/Whitecourt area or within 100km of the facilities or be willing to move.
- Repair and troubleshoot various types of rotating equipment including centrifugal, positive displacement, large vertical and horizontal pumps, Integral, Natural Gas, Diesel, Pumpjack, Generator engines
- Centrifugal, Screw, and reciprocating natural gas and air compressor
- Force feed lubrication, Lincoln, Modular, McCord systems
- Mechanical seal repair
- Natural gas Turbine maintenance
- Power transmission, bearing and belts, gearbox
- Familiar with specialty tools, alignment tools, laser, dials
- Able to manage work orders using a computerized maintenance management system to update, modify and close Maintenance Work orders
- Manage critical mechanical parts to minimize equipment downtime
- Promote safety as priority on all Maintenance activities
- 5+ years experience as a qualified Millwright / Heavy Duty Tradesperson in an Energy or Heavy Industrial Environment
- Journeyman Millwright or Journeyman Heavy-Duty Mechanic certification required
- Knowledge and experience troubleshooting the following equipment and systems: natural gas/air compressors, natural gas engines, fluid pumping equipment, power transmission
- Turbine engine experience would be an asset, not a qualification
- Knowledge of applicable provincial and federal regulations/codes
- Possess high degree of initiative, creativity, communication skills, self-supervision, and respect for safety requirements
- Good communication skills and works well in a team atmosphere
- Provide 24 hour on-call support on a rotating basis (regular shifts will be 10hrs)
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean driving abstract
Conifer Energy has a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary structure commensurate with skills and experience.
Please note: When submitting your application, you must answer all employer questions to be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- qualified Millwright / Heavy Duty Tradesperson: 5 years (preferred)
- turbine engine: 3 years (preferred)
- journeyman millwright or heavy-duty mechanic certification (preferred)
- class 5 driver’s license with a clean driving abstract (preferred)
Work Location: In person