Location: 3021 Underhill Avenue Burnaby, British Columbia V5J 5K3
Career Level: Management Level 1
Who are we?
Svante is a purpose-driven, rapidly growing clean technology company based in Burnaby, BC, Canada, and we’re on a mission to help the world reach net zero with filters and machines that capture and remove CO2 from industrial emissions and the air.
We’re a collaborative, diverse group of people who care about the planet and, through our collective experience and expertise, are working to make an impact on climate change.
If you value a culture that welcomes and includes everyone, and you want to be a part of a growing technology company that’s going to change the world, you’ve come to the right place.
Who are you?
As the Senior R&D Program Manager (SR&DPM), you will direct and implement the organization’s research and development policies, objectives, and initiatives to de-risk inherent R&D capital investment and decrease the product cycle development. Thereby, ensuring a mature new design is transferred. You will play a critical role in creating a world-class technology that will be used for a wide range of point-source applications.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
You have 15 years of experience in developing and delivering products in clean energy applications.
- You have demonstrated your effectiveness in the leadership and development of a successful and collaborative team of engineers/scientists working towards the development of new products.
- You have completed a PhD in Materials Science, Chemistry or Physics.
- You posses an expert level of understanding the key physical parameters that control MOF performance and scalability and the cost of a laminate that contains this material.
- You have demonstrated excellence in converting scientific concerns and questions to the design of experiments and high-level data analysis.
- You have expertise in analysis and synthesis, and are able to apply these skills to making high-level recommendations.
Bonus Skills and Qualifications:
- You have working experience with gas separation.
What success looks like in this role:
You will implement the organization’s R&D policies, objectives and initiatives based on Svante Corporate Objectives and Key results (COKR).
- You participate in the design specification, qualification and testing, design prototyping, supplier development and failure analysis of the active material that will be delivered to the product/manufacturing group.
- You will collaborate with internal groups to ensure a smooth transition from R&D to product development.
- Using internal or external resources, you develop testing procedures and protocols to ensure that the performance of the product develop at bench scale meets the manufacturing and CO2 performance requirements at the commercial scale.
- You build, develop, and nourish a high performing team for the management of R&D activities and requested services.
- You develop new opportunities with funding partners (ex. DOE, CFI, Tier 1 partners) to finance some new R&D activities aligned with Svante COKR.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Pay Equity Statement
Svante believes in pay equity, fairness and transparency, and so we include a salary range within the job posting. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
The actual salary offered to the final candidate is based on the salary range shown, and will vary depending on the candidate's relative experience, qualifications, and anticipated level of performance. We assess all candidates individually and strive to offer competitive and equitable compensation packages.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that recognize employees for their performance and contributions. In addition to Base Pay, Svante provides comprehensive benefits to employees such as Restricted Share Units, Extended Health and Dental Plan, Retirement Saving Plan, free access to a Fitness Centre and more!