Reporting to the Manager – Organizational Development, the Organizational Development Consultant fully embraces the values, mission and vision to Make each life better. Together. Through evidence-based leadership this position aims to achieve and sustain a positive culture at Team RVH.
This position is responsible for research, facilitation, training, design of instructional and participant training materials, delivery, and evaluation of a variety of learning, change management and organizational development initiatives supporting the organization's strategic directions. This is accomplished by working collaboratively with staff, physicians, and volunteers in the areas of leadership, management, problem-solving, conflict resolution, communication, team development and change management for the purpose of creating pro-active and responsive solutions identified gaps/needs and seizing opportunities for continuous improvement.
This position is an enabler of change in the organization by working to have successful adoption, greater utilization and higher proficiency on the changes impacting employees in the organization such that business results are achieved.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of a framework that supports and advances organizational learning, and organizational development. The OD Consultant provides leadership for organizational development initiatives that help to create and sustain the organization's ability to manage change and growth. This position influences, both short-term and longer-term, the future culture and leadership of RVH
• Post-secondary education or Bachelors Degree in Organizational Development, Business Administration, Human Resources, Psychology or other related field.
- Facilitating Instructional skills (MBTI, DDI, etc.) and/or Coaching Certification (Accredited program) a strong asset
- Preferred qualifications (certification or advanced training): PROSCI Change Management, Vital Learnings
• 7+ years professional experience in a similar role, preferably in a complex healthcare setting;
- Minimum 5 years professional level experience with advanced knowledge of principles, theories, and practices in Organizational Development, Leadership Development, and alternative training delivery methods;
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning styles, QI processes and advanced consulting methods;
- Instructional and facilitation/training experience in the areas of leadership, coaching, communication, and change management;
- Experience within a unionized environment and ability to foster strong relationships.
• Achieves results through collaboration, effective communication, influencing others (internal and external), and the understanding of key relationships. Optimizes communication to achieve desired results (e.g. through the use of mediation, group dynamics). Focuses on achieving key objectives and positive outcomes for oneself, the team and organization. Effectively assesses and manages risk, and measures/evaluates results.
- Leads effectively by developing others through coaching, managing performance and mentoring, holding self and others accountable. Demonstrates visionary leadership by focusing, inspiring and empowering the team to achieve personal, team and organizational goals.
- Demonstrates business orientation, leverages opportunities and solutions, understands the business implications of decisions and the impact both short term and long term.
- Demonstrates personal effectiveness and leadership presence by understanding and responding appropriately to the concerns of others, developing and maintaining a sense of presence and emotional maturity and by demonstrating resilience. Assesses and takes appropriate action to resolve workplace issues and conflict.
• Management skills
- Organizational development skills
- Change management skills
- Adult education/program design skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Mediation/Negotiation/Conflict Management skills
- Teamwork skills
- Planning/organizational skills
- Strategic thinking, decision-making skills
- Persuasion and influencing skills
- Communications skills
- Facilitation/group dynamic skills
- Presentation skills
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of large complex organizations
- Computer/technology skills
- Research skills
- Designing and implementing training programs.
- Facilitating individual or group training sessions in areas of leadership, coaching, communication, and change management
- Provides support for: strategic thinking/planning, change management, operational goals/objectives, planning, learning/educational programs, and strategies to promote the development of staff, leaders, managers and work teams/groups.
- Supports, facilitates and builds leadership capacity towards a 1-2 year horizon (i.e. Leadership Effectiveness Institute (LEI)
- Creates and/or facilitates content development for the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Ensures that corporate education strategies support the direction and implementation of the Strategic Directions
- Supports and advances the development of key organizational and leadership competencies
- Identifies issues/trends impacting RVH culture. Implement best practices protocol (non-clinical) for professional and personal development
- Provides leadership and guidance for programs and services in support of change and transition management, cultural transition, quality of worklife, strategic thinking/planning, learning, skill development, teamwork, and work redesign.
- Supports Leadership in implementing corporate change programs and fostering organizational development and continuous learning practices.
- Provides the development, implementation, and evaluation of ongoing education and development opportunities for hospital employees
- Conducts ongoing needs assessment across the organization to understand the education and development needs of staff
- Develop and implement corporate educational programs by designing appropriate training programs, development opportunities, individual and team assessments, and individual competency identification.
Maximize Employee Engagement:
- Maintain effective relationships with relevant leadership clients to secure their support in necessary strategic changes (e.g. Performance Scorecard changes)
- Support leadership clients to identify communication needs and vital behaviours within their teams to influence necessary change.
- Support leadership clients to identify and manage their performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions to positively influence strategic direction and metric alignment