With more than 50 years of Aerospace industry experience, IMP Aerostructures, an Operating Unit of IMP Aerospace and Defence, is a leader in the Aerospace industry providing top quality, structural components and assemblies to clients such as Bombardier, Bell Helicopter, Boeing, Spirit Aerosystems and Lockheed. Located in the quaint town of Amherst, NS, just a short trip from Moncton, NB, you’ll enjoy a lifestyle that offers all of the amenities of big city living in a rural setting. Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, IMP Group takes enormous pride in the diligence and hard work its employee groups provide. Known for providing its employees with a supportive and challenging atmosphere, fostering growth and personal development, IMP Aerostructures has an immediate opening for a motivated individual to join its winning team!
Reporting to the Director of Quality & Engineering, the Manufacturing Engineering Specialist will work with Methods Planning and Engineering staff to determine the most cost-efficient method of manufacture while ensuring that all customer, environmental and safety requirements are achieved. Work with the production teams to optimize the workflow and processing methods, eliminate waste and defects and industrialize the manufacturing processes following customer guidelines. The Manufacturing Engineering Specialist will also develop equipment, tooling and facility requirements for new work packages and coordinate facility and/or component qualification plans.
- Take a lead role in the integration of all new work into production, providing direction and oversight to the Methods planners, quality and production development team on the requirements and outcomes.
- Define the work breakdown structure of new work packages and coordinate with Methods Planning, Inspection, Production SMEs and Engineering staff to determine the most cost-efficient method of manufacture.
- Review quotes and production work packages for manufacturability.
- Follow-through new products in production, proactively reducing scrap and improve first time success.
- Develop specialized tools, transportation internal and external, shop aids and digital definitions such as layup patterns to ensure conformance to end product specifications and improved efficiently/repeatability of processes.
- Develop Standardized Work Instruction Methods (SWIM’s) and training modules as required to standardize and control the manufacturing and inspection methods.
- Develops manufacturing processes and cost reducing improvements by studying product requirements, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Within the limits of the delegated authority provided by the customer, determine the disposition on a defective material and products and coordinate the production or training plans to prevent their re-occurrence.
- Liaise with the customer or supplier on technical or defect issues, improvements or concerns.
- Work with the shop floor team to develop and implement production process improvement focused on reducing the manufacturing costs, defects and FOD.
- Assist with energy, environmental and safety initiatives in the facility.
- Coordinate the technical data package for offload projects.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing engineering, previous experience in aerospace is an asset.
- Completion of Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent experience in an Industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Experience or familiarity with Aerospace MRB resolutions.
- Strong teamwork skills with an ability to work independently and under minimum supervision.
- Have the ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects at one time.
- Ability to read blue prints, understand GD&T and review CAD models at an advanced level.
- Must have excellent project management and provide cross-functional team leading skills.
- Excellent computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point, Catia, Enovia.
- Knowledge and experience in detail part and assembly manufacturing capabilities would also be an asset.
- Must be eligible to meet the requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and the Canadian Security Clearances – Secret Level II.
- We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package, including RSP Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Long Service Awards, Volunteer Grant Program, Scholarship Program, and more!
Applications for the above position will be accepted until the position has been filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only individuals selected for an interview will be notified.
IMP AEROSTRUCTURES IS COMMITTED TO EMPLOYMENT EQUITY
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume