Fil-Trek Corporation is a leading manufacturer of industrial filtration equipment for customers around the globe.
We are currently recruiting for Mechanical Enginering Designer
The successful candidate is responsible for all design and drafting tasks associated with customer specified filtration needs. Specifically, the design of pressure vessel systems. They will be required to work alongside our Estimation, R&D, Production, and Purchasing departments to facilitate complete release packages for fabrication. Furthermore, they will work closely with customers to address their needs, specifications, and concerns.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work directly with customers to provide filtration solutions.
- Review and comprehend customer generated specifications and needs to determine design requirements.
- Perform Stress calculations to select material required specific to fluid properties, design life, and design corrosion allowance.
- Coordinate and perform design work to fulfill project requirements and achieve target dates.
- Perform solid modeling of parts and equipment assemblies and use these to create detailed fabrication drawings of pressure vessels.
- Create dimensioned drawings of equipment including Bills of Materials (BOM’s) from equipment and plant models.
- Knowledge of applicable ASME codes; Section VIII.
- Collaborate with teammates, suppliers, and customers throughout the design, procurement, construction and start-up process.
- Input and maintain BOM and routing information within our ERP system.
- Contribute and assist with new product development.
- Support other team members in the design review of vessels and projects.
- Submit application packages for design registration.
- Maintain excellent customer relationships.
- Create procedures to assist in departmental efficiency.
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering Tech., or related field.
- P.Eng. Designation is a requirement; wage will be negotiable based on experience.
- 3 years' experience in a design role.
- Ability to work cohesively with engineering team and manager.
- Proficient in Solidworks.
- Experience assisting customers in technical environment.
- Experience using Microsoft 365 software applications. Word, Excel, and Teams.
- Must be capable of working independently and maintain schedule of assigned tasks.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience.
- Ability to self-learn.
Experience in the following would be Assets:
- Pressure vessel design
- Experience using ERP software.
- Use of Compress, PV Elite, or DesignCalcs design software.
- ASME pressure vessel and piping code - BPV Section VIII, B31.3
- Fabrication and part assembly.
- Machining - Lathe, mills, CNC machining.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Fil-Trek Corporation is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Fil-Trek Corporation if you require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Mechanical engineering: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person