Senior Data Quality Analyst
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Manager, Business and Client Experience, the Senior Data Quality Analyst oversees the data coordination and the maintenance of an accurate and complete clinical data management system. The Analyst ensures consistent and accurate interpretation of data in compliance with BCPRA policies as well as responsible for the enforcement of data quality policies and applicable regulatory and reporting requirements from governing bodies such as Canadian Institute of Health Information, creating data quality guidelines, and identifying strategic goals for data quality. The Analyst is responsible for training data entry clerks and research assistants to ensure consistency in data collection, liaising with other departments and healthcare professionals to ensure that procedures and policies are followed and improved as needed, and contributes to the strategy for the initiation, ongoing development and delivery of high quality information to support the overall objectives of the BC Provincial Renal Agency.
What you’ll do
- Coordinates and collects data and provides resolutions in order to ensure accuracy and data integrity from interaction with business users and internal team members (Statistician, Service-Desk and Finance) using techniques such as root cause analysis as well as collecting user requirements and identification of potential data collecting/reporting issues and initiates action to influence desirable outcome.
- Responsible for the enforcement of data quality policies and applicable regulatory and reporting requirements from governing bodies such as Canadian Institute of Health Information, creating data quality guidelines, and identifying strategic goals for data quality
- Assesses and evaluates data quality; consults and facilitates changes with PROMIS business processes with stakeholders to ensure consistency of data collection, planning and analytical processes.
- Creates and provides regular reports on data quality activities and provides the reports to enable continuous quality improvement; trend identification or highlight potential problem areas where investigation and/or actions are required to address a trend or problem, using a variety of computerized database and query tools, spreadsheet, graphics, statistics (SAS) and word processing software.
- Provides input on communications bulletins and training materials to reflect findings of testing and promote learning and optimal use of PROMIS.
- Executes a variety of analyses related to research, clinical and operational management, and quality assurance requirements in the BC Provincial Renal Agency having responsibilities for specific program projects executing on appropriate action necessary to carry out the responsibilities delegated to meet deadlines.
- Provides inputs to Data definition, reconciliation, conversion, and patient records management by the use of data standards, definitions and models (such as data dictionary, organizational data model).
- Provides support to advanced users of the provincial renal database. Tasks include functional application orientation and training, coaching, trouble-shooting, and correcting minor system faults, classifying issues and requests according to urgency and resolving or escalating problems. Support and training may be formal and pre-planned or ad hoc, and may include assessment of user needs and evaluation of training effectiveness
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Health Informatics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer or Health Science, and three (3) years of experience in a health informatics or statistics related field.
- Working knowledge of sophisticated on-line computer applications, including database and word processing applications. Demonstrated ability to perform advanced data manipulation, analysis and information presentation through the use of database and spreadsheet software. Working knowledge of relational database modeling and query writing tools to create ad-hoc queries and reports. Ability to understand and interpret data management concepts and processes and communicate complex ideas in simple terminology. Excellent communication skills including the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships. Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to comprehend complex issues and related data/information and present information in concise, meaningful ways. Demonstrated organizational skills to generate work plans to meet project deadlines within timeline, scope and budget. Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks. Possesses a strong ability to operate and perform advanced function in computer equipment using software such as: SAS, Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer.
Skills & Knowledge
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full-time
Salary Range: $60,427 - $86,863 /year. The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate’s relevant education and experience, and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan. Salary will be prorated accordingly for part time roles.
Location: 1200 Burrard St, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2C7
Closing date: Applications accepted until position is filled
Hours of Work: 0800-1600 (Monday to Friday)
Requisition # 148379E
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments’ unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey—one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of July 11, 2023. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at [email protected]
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.