Why Join our Team? At Vallen, we embrace what makes us unique. We thrive on the diversity of our associates and the different ways each of us contributes to Vallen’s success. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive company that values the growth of our associates. When you join Vallen, you become part of our winning team. Our vast network of connections is here to help you transform your job into a career. Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions while creating value for our customers, our supply partners, and our associates.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our team as a Warehouse Associate. You would be responsible for providing general warehouse assistance in accordance with the position requirements and safety standards.
- May occasionally drive a truck and make deliveries or pick-up merchandise from suppliers.
- Operates a lift truck or a fork truck in picking orders or in storing of merchandise.
- Assists in the annual inventory; may write up receiving or shipping reports; may file documentation.
- Pack orders, write labels, weigh cartons and prepare Loomis and other shipping forms.
- Reports damaged merchandise to supervisor.
- Observes safety regulations and wears required safety attire at all times.
- Maintains good housekeeping and reports any dangerous situations or malfunction of equipment, reports fire and safety hazards to their supervisor.
- Follows ISO procedures for Pick-pack-ship and Receiving process, and Verification process.
- May handle walk-in customers for order pickups etc.
- Read, understand, and follow Vallen's health, safety, and environment policies and all applicable OH&S legislation/regulations.
- Actively participate in Vallen's health and safety management system, including training, audits, assessments, safety meetings, and inspections.
- Identify, control, and report workplace hazards including following WHMIS/TDG requirements and reporting near misses.
- Report workplace injuries immediately and participate in any return-to-work programs or requirements.
- Be fit for duty and physically capable of performing all required tasks.
Education and Training:
- Knowledge of TGD and WHMIS is an asset, however training will be provided.
- Valid Class 5 Operator's License would be an asset.
- Ability to:
- operate all equipment and vehicles safely.
- read, write and communicate effectively.
- operate computer and company software.
- perform simple arithmetic.
- The ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload in a very fast paced environment.
- 1 year of previous warehouse or shipping/receiving experience is preferred but not required.
- Standing, walking, lifting (lifting could go up to 50 lbs).
Stay up to date with Vallen, and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Ethnically and Culturally Diverse/Females/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity