Field Service Technician
- Competitive Salary
- Medical & Dental Benefits Plans
- Health Spending & Wellness program
- Professional Growth & Development
- Life Insurance
- Employer RRSP Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability & Life Insurance
What You’ll Do – The Role (Responsibilities)
- Perform emergency service, preventative maintenance, repairs, troubleshooting, and instruction for
- customer generators as efficiently as possible.
- Test, measure, and verify electrical component operations, including energized components and electrical fields.
- Program, test, connect transfer switches and trouble shoot both generators and synchronizing controls system.
- Conduct startups and load bank tests as required.
- Operate /diagnose engine driven gensets powered by diesel or natural gas.
- Build strong customer relationships by engaging in positive, professional communications.
- Maintain all company tools and materials, including an accurate inventory of parts.
- Communicate with the Supervisor on all aspects of service.
- Complete required service and equipment performance reports as required.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as may be required.
What You Need (Requirement)
- Previous generator tech entry level / apprenticeship type of role
- Previous experience as a generator field service technician an Asset.
- College-level Mechanics / Electrical/ Power Generation Diploma/Certified - preferred
- Electrician with mechanical skills preferred.
- A valid driver's license in good standing.
- Working knowledge of D/C and A/C electrical systems.
- Mechanical, engine, repairs/ maintenance experience.
- Electrical experience considered an asset.
- Superior customer service skills and track record.
- Comfortable using MS Office suite including Outlook suite.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- In the case of a power outage or declared State of Emergency by any level of Government, be available for work.
- After hours On-Call – Required
- Heavy lifting and physical exertion is required
- Ability to work irregular hours / overtime.
- Full time position plus approved OT
- Willing to work locally and throughout the Province.
- Travel will be required. A valid passport and ability to enter the US for factory training may be required on occasion.
A little bit about Us…
Proudly Canadian and respected throughout the industry, we have built our success through expertise, integrity, and innovation in providing on-site power generating solutions nationwide. For more than 60 years, our unparalleled reputation for delivering the right generator solution and superior customer service has been built by our loyal Customers.
Our growth & culture: As Canada's 1st Choice for PowerGen, we’ve been growing quickly and aim to keep doing so – if you want to be part of our success story, join our family, and grow with us! Our employees are our biggest asset; their engagement and passion are the key to our success. We EMPOWER them to be ENGAGED!
Selected candidates with disabilities who require support in the selection process will be accommodated to the best of our ability. Please let us know how we can help.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agencies please.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
- Mechanical/Engine repair work: 2 years (required)
- Mechanical Aptitude: 1 year (required)
- Generator Field Service: 1 year (preferred)
- Excellent Customer Service: 1 year (preferred)
- Drivers License in Good Standing (required)
Work Location: In person