Outside Sales Representative – Lighting Dept.
Robertson Electric Wholesale is a highly regarded electrical distributor in Canada. Headquarters located in Vaughan, ON, and multiple branches across Canada with approximately 400 employees and growing! Robertson has demonstrated steady and secure growth since new ownership in 2008, proving to be a dominant player in the industries we serve.
Scope of the Position
The Outside Lighting Sales Rep. will be responsible for maintaining existing business and new account acquisition in the Vaughan area. The Outside Lighting Sales Rep is responsible for obtaining profitable daily sales of company products, as sold to their assigned accounts. They shall identify other opportunities within the account in order to maximize sale potential. The Outside Lighting Sales Rep is responsible for developing new accounts, promoting, selling, and securing orders from prospective customers through a relationship-based approach. They must demonstrate products and services to existing and potential customers and assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
· Perform regular and scheduled calls on assigned accounts.
· Provide assistance and product support to customers in a timely manner.
· Promote Robertson Electric by ensuring each account receives product line cards and other company literature made available to you.
· Stay up to date on market trends and new products to promote Robertson’s Suppliers to multiple accounts in a knowledgeable manner.
· Stay attuned to the performance of accounts using the tools provided.
· Coordinates, lead and attend scheduled sales meetings.
· Attend manufacturer’s training when provided. This may be after business hours on some occasions.
· Work together with the sales team to ensure projects are quoted and tracked accurately in order to meet established timelines.
· Work together with Management to set monthly targets in your territory,
· Ensure that the approved sales and action plan is followed and accomplished.
· Work with the credit department in the collection of accounts receivable, and to cooperate in adhering to the company's credit policy.
· Perform special projects as requested.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 years experience working in the electrical or lighting industry
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience
- Must be results orientated and possess the ability to work independently and in a team
A few reasons why it’s great to work for us
- Robertson Electric Wholesale is an established and fast-growing company
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- RRSP matching plan
- Opportunities for growth and development
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vaughan, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- What are your salary expectations?
- Electrical sales: 1 year (required)
- Lighting sales: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person