In a career as a Senior Legal Advisor in the Legal Affairs - Corporate Financing sector at National Bank of Canada, you will help improve the client experience by giving expert advice, adding value, and being proactive.
The sector’s mission is to be recognized as a leader and business partner that leverages its expertise to respond proactively and efficiently to the legal needs of its internal partners by offering solutions adapted to their specific business context while playing a strategic role in managing legal risk.
If you are passionate about customer service and commercial financing and would like to put your knowledge to great use, then this challenge is for you!
Act as a legal advisor to the Creative Industries – Commercial Banking sector based in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver. More specifically:
Understand business issues, identify internal partners’ and clients’ needs, and suggest strategies, taking into account the varied nature of files, to ensure that transactions are completed, and the Bank is protected
- Draft financing documents (credit agreements, third-party agreements) and any other related documents
- Negotiate with various external parties involved in transactions, specifically legal advisors representing clients, diffusers, distributors, producers, and government entities connected to the creative industries
- Identify financing-related legal risks, propose solutions to mitigate these risks, and provide legal and operational advice to internal partners
- Issue and draft legal opinions in commercial law, corporate finance, and securities
As part of the Legal Affairs - Corporate Finance - Creative Industries sector, you will be part of a team of two lawyers and three technical advisors, reporting to Kiriakoula, Senior Director. Our team stands out for its expertise and agility in handling commercial financing files. We work in collaboration with our various internal and external partners to ensure that the Bank's commercial customers enjoy an exceptional experience.
We want to contribute to your quality of life by offering you as much flexibility as possible in your work. For example, we offer a hybrid (remote and in the office) work model, work schedule arrangements to help you achieve work/life balance, and flexible leave that you can take when it's important to you.
Completed bachelor’s degree in law and 6 years of relevant experience in corporate financing or completed master’s degree in a related field and 4 years of relevant experience
- Member of the Barreau du Québec or the Chambre des notaires
- Knowledge of common law, an asset
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and writing skills
- Ability to offer efficient and quality service to business partners
- Ability to understand clients’ needs while protecting the Bank’s interests from a legal standpoint
- Ability to manage priorities and a large volume of files with very short deadlines
- Knowledge of the creative industries (cinema, television, video games), an asset
#LI-GC1 Your benefits
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family. Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged. We're putting people first:
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives. Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees. We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us. We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team? Ready to live your ambitions?