Neelands is a family owned, private Canadian company that has been in the refrigeration and HVAC business since 1958. We have a long history of providing comprehensive refrigeration and HVAC design, installation, and service offerings to Supermarkets as well as Commercial and Industrial markets across North America. We are a leader in advanced refrigeration technologies and state of the art products, offering turnkey solutions for new construction, retrofits for existing facilities, system controls, HVAC services, and sustainable energy services.
Since 1958, Neelands has been providing industry-leading and customized solutions for a broad range of industries and businesses. We are proud to have a dedicated and highly skilled technical team that is focused on refrigeration, HVAC, energy management, controls, equipment sales, and service and maintenance.
Neelands Group began as a family-run business and, to this day, we treat our team like extended family. We offer a competitive salary, learning opportunities, and a range of benefits.
Neelands is searching for a Service Technician to join our team servicing the London, Ontario location. This position is regular, full-time.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Service, the Service Technician will work closely with the team on repair, install, troubleshoot and preventative maintenance of refrigeration and HVAC systems. This role requires the individual to be available during the weekdays from 7:30am – 5:30pm for “on-call” and after-hours service calls from dispatch and/or prescheduled assignments.
- Response to service calls and scheduled maintenance and repairs for refrigeration, HVAC and mechanical equipment;
- Perform diagnostics to detect malfunctions and defects in equipment such as CO2 racks, Condensers, Evaporator fans, Glycol Racks, Expansion Tanks;
- Troubleshoot to ensure the system is functioning properly following repairs;
- Perform schedule and unscheduled repair and maintenance on refrigeration, and mechanical equipment;
- Effectively communicate and update all information regarding assignments to the team;
- Provide recommendations and assist estimator with information on quote;
- Build and maintain positive relationship with customers or clients;
- Maintain service vehicle inventory and cleanliness;
- Other duties as required
What you Bring to the Team:
- Term 1 or 2 313A Refrigeration Apprentice
- Ozone Depletion Prevention certificate
- G2 gas license
- Valid G license with a clean driver abstract
- English language proficiency (read/write/speak)
- A self-starter who is highly effective working independently and within a team
- Flexibility, along with the ability to operate well under pressure
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to perform in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- A keen attention to detail
- A positive, hands-on, “can-do” attitude
Why join Neelands?
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive Salary
- Paid weekly
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional Development and Training
Neelands Group Limited is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with Accessibility standards and regulations. If applicants require accommodation for a disability during the recruitment process, they must make their needs known in advance. Please notify Human Resources or the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.
If you are a team player and you are looking for an opportunity to grow with Neelands, we encourage you to submit your resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Neelands; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls or agencies.
Neelands is an equal opportunity employer.
Accommodations are available upon request. If applicable, please inform Neelands Group Limited of accommodations that are required during the recruitment process.