Job Posting #: 2022-27-QA Coordinator
Position to Be Filled: QA Coordinator
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Alberta (Spruce Grove Plant)
Reports To: This position reports directly to the QA Leader
Regular Hours: 40 hours per week with anticipated overtime as determined by the business needs.
Position Description: Under the supervision of the QA Leader, this position is responsible for overseeing and mentoring the QA Technicians testing and inspecting the product to assure it meets Cam Tran and CSA quality requirements. This position will also assist with the creation, revision and delivery of procedures and work instructions and support facilitation of training as needed by the QA Leader.
- Perform audits on personnel, processes and systems to identify the risks due to variance.
- Measure the development & implementation of SWI initiatives based on trends and prioritization and then audit for effectiveness.
- Identify deficiencies in work instructions and collaborates with subject matter experts to create, revise, and/or update.
- Audit Safety initiatives that are being developed and then assist with the reporting and implementation of any modifications.
- Identify trending on Quality by periodic analysis of NCR’s and Warranty.
- Provide coaching to operators as it relates to audits and training initiatives.
- Participate on regular QMS Internal audits;
- Assist and support the QA Technicians’ daily transformer testing/inspections and monitoring activities.
- Meet regularly with all teams; participate in weekly Huddles, LOS, Financial reviews and the monthly QMR.
- Adheres to Cam Tran Safety policies and procedures.
- Performs general production tasks as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by QA Leader.
- NCR creation and corrective actions.
Perform transformer failure teardowns and root cause analysis for in-house failures / warranty returns.
Education and Experience:
- Electrical Engineering Degree or Technologist diploma or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Minimum of 5 years-experience in Electrical (Transformers) manufacturing environment.
- Leadership ability to act as a facilitator and trainer in on-the-floor environment.
- A high level of experience with LEAN concepts considered an asset.
- Must possess good computer skills with experience in Excel, Word and Industrios.
- Knowledge of the product and plant operations.
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 series standards.
- Knowledge of regulatory (IEEE/ANSI & CSA Standards) and customer specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively to provide direction and opportunities for improvement to the Ops Leaders and QA
- Ability to communicate work instructions and procedures to line operators to facilitate training.
- Ability to read drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Well organized with a high level of time management skills.
- Ability to utilize knowledge and experience to exercise discretion and judgement.
- Able to work in a team environment
Measures of Performance:
Quality of the line output.
Product/Service provided to the Customer
Effectiveness in the preparation of quality reports.
Effectiveness of quality system (monitoring activities, worker’s self-inspection, the training program)
Please note we thank all individual in advance for your interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All information during the interview process will be collected in confidence and is used to determine eligibility for the posted position.