JOIN OUR TEAM
Metro Supply Chain is a strategic supply chain solutions partner for some of the world’s fastest growing and most recognizable organizations. We advance our customers’ business through innovative, real-world solutions within a culture that supports our communities, protects our environment, and enables our team to thrive. Managing 14 million square feet in 98 sites across North America and Europe with a team of 6,000, it is the largest privately-owned supply chain solutions company based in Canada.
Sunday to Thursday 7:00AM to 3:30PM
The Operations Support Coordinator carries out activities such as responding to inquiries, processing orders, and handling complaints, in a prompt, courteous, and effective manner. Other responsibilities include phone duties, greeting visitors, scheduling, and other clerical duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule appointments with the various carriers and complete the related documentation
- Prepare, assign and distribute orders for the day to users/operators
- Ensure productivity control of operations and communicate issues to the supervisor
- Provide proof of shipments to the customer when required
- Maintain a good working relationship with the client by responding to all their requests in a courteous and efficient manner
- Prepare various reports for the management team
- Control all documents associated with orders, from receipt to shipment
- Participate in the implementation of work procedures developed jointly with the operations, transportation and customer service teams
- Assume responsibility for orders to be completed, as prioritized by the customer in ensuring that the daily workload is well executed
- Train staff on procedures, policies and special projects.
- Promote a clean, safe and positive work environment
- Other tasks as required
- Completion of secondary school or college or equivalent materials management, logistics, business administration, or transport work experience.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience
- Proven working knowledge of warehousing, transportation, logistics and planning systems
- Familiarity with computer system hardware and software
- Exceptional data entry skills required.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
- Must work day to day with little or no supervision.
- Excellent communication skills both in English and in French
Why Join Us
- Work in an environment where safety is our first priority
- The opportunity to build a career with a growing company
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
- Life and disability insurance
- Wellness programs to support your family’s well-being
- A Retirement Savings Program with a company match
- Company team wear allowance
- Employee Appreciation Day
- Company sponsored social events
- Community volunteering
We are committed to building and fostering a diverse workplace where people feel included and valued. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Should you require accommodation for a special ability or need during the recruitment process, please reach out to a member of our Human Resources Team.