Completion Bonus: $1500 and above
BASF Canada Inc. is a world leader providing growers with innovative products and solutions for agriculture and environmental health. Growers depend on BASF’s Seeds Division to supply a comprehensive selection of insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, and seed systems. At BASF Canada Inc., our team’s commitment and dedication to Canadian agriculture is second to none.
At BASF we operate based on our CORE Values:
Creative – we embrace bold ideas for our customers and give them space to grow
Open – we foster feedback based on honesty, respect, and mutual trust
Responsible – we value the health and safety of people above all else
Entrepreneurial – we seize opportunities and think ahead
As a Seed Process Operator, you work within a team to ensure the efficient, effective, and safe operation of all equipment used in daily operations. We have multiple department areas to ensure you are placed in the perfect position, these areas are: Seed Cleaning, Treating & Packaging, Yard, and Warehouse.
Here’s what a typical day at BASF looks like in each department:
· Yard: shipping and receiving seed from bins using conveyers and augers.
· Cleaning: consistent inspection of machines as well as seed quality monitoring for product purity.
· Packaging: working on a production line with attention to detail for product quality and defects.
· Warehouse: forklift operation, shipping and receiving, and inventory management.
An award-winning work environment
Belonging to a team environment that celebrates success
On the job training
End of contract Completion BONUS: $1500, and performance bonuses
· Grade 12 Diploma
· Class 5 Drivers License and a reliable vehicle for transport (our site is not accessible by Lethbridge Transit)
· Availability to work 40 hours/week as well as overtime shifts when required
· Ability to work at heights, wear a dust mask, lift loads up to 30kg, and work in varying temperatures
· All successful applicants will be required to complete a criminal background check
· Ability to follow set standards and procedures in a safe manner
· Computer literate or the flexible desire to learn
· Experience in a production environment is an asset
· Good work ethic and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Proficient English communication skills to provide clear and concise instructions for team effectiveness
· Strong problem-solving skills
Apply today to be a part of our inclusive team of diverse talent and character – in this diversity lies our greatest strength.
BASF takes security & data privacy very seriously. We will never request personal or financial information of any kind via either text message or direct message on any social media platform or job board. Furthermore, we will never offer a candidate a position and request a cheque for equipment or any other type of payment during the job application process. If you have experienced any of the above, please contact [email protected] to report fraud.
Job Types: Seasonal, Full-time
Contract length: 8 months
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Secondary School (required)
- Class 5 or higher driver's license (required)
Work Location: In person