United Restaurant Supplies Inc.
Our employees exhibit a friendly, collaborative, team-oriented focus on serving our customers with urgency and attention to detail. Our culture is built on a set of Cornerstone values we believe make us unique:
- Our customers come first. We’re driven to exceed their expectations by listening, leading, solving problems, and delivering what we promise.
- We encourage productivity and efficiency, and there are rewards for jobs well done. Sometimes it’s a financial incentive, other times an award, always a genuine thank-you.
- The best relationships are founded on honesty, trust, and respect. We say what we will do, and then we do it.
- Personal and professional growth depends on teamwork. By sharing knowledge, skills, ideas, and effort, we benefit our customers, ourselves, and our communities.
- Strong relationships break down barriers and promote innovation and cooperation. By working as an open-minded, responsive team, we achieve excellence.
- Our future depends on the success of each employee. In an atmosphere of dignity and diversity, our appreciation for each other’s talents and contributions keeps us at our best.
- We play fair, but never lose sight of the goal to win. With that in mind, we execute our plans and strategies with focus, commitment, and passion.
We offer our employees very competitive benefits:
- Matching Retirement Contribution
- Overtime Compensation Over 40 hours
- Training & Development and Growth Opportunities
We have a wide variety of opportunities to establish yourself in the food industry including sales, sales support, customer service, marketing, administration, finance, operations, technology and inventory management. Come join our team and build your career with us!
As the Gordon Food Service supplier of smallwares, United is innovating in this space and looking for a driven, entrepreneurial and analytical HiLo Forklift Operator. The responsibility of the Forklift Operator is to complete inventory related tasks within the United Restaurant Supplies warehouse to support our Order Selectors/Receivers. We are looking for a creative individual who strives in a collaborative environment but is also comfortable working with a degree of autonomy where/when required. We expect this individual to build a growth strategy from the ground up and successfully execute upon our ambitious goals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Inventory related tasks such as replenishing product, putting away product in reserve
racks, replenishing stock to pick levels, documenting shrinks and damages, and verifying
- Using powered material handling equipment to move products on pallets throughout the
- Frequent use of Narrow Aisle Reach Truck to physically move product throughout the
- Occasionally lifting cases of products onto pallets. Cases range from 1 lb to 90 lbs where
the average weight of a case weighs between 25-30 lbs.
- Adhere to the mission and cornerstone values and applicable practices of the
- Clean up area at the end of each shift
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Take pride in producing top quality workmanship to satisfy our customer’s needs
- 9.00AM to 5:30PM Monday-Friday (Tentative)
2-3 years of HiLo Forklift Operator experience in a fast-paced warehouse environment is
- Ability to work in a team environment, or independently with minimal supervision
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Being mechanically inclined is an asset
- Must have a desire to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends during busy periods
- Must be able to lift up to 90lbs, however average lifting weight between 25lbs – 30lbs.
- Required to have a high degree of concentration and alertness.
- Must be able to work on the grocery area in the warehouse at room temperature; varies
from cold in the winter and warm in the summer.
- Must be in good physical condition and enjoy manual work
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for the next stage will be contacted. United Restaurant Supplies is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to [email protected] and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$24.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person