Mist Mobility Integrated Systems Technology is a leading designer and manufacturer of innovative aerial delivery and recovery systems including the Sherpa family of GPS guided parafoils, Space Recovery Systems, and the self-launch capable SnowGoose unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), along with mission planning tools, services, and support equipment. We are looking for talented and entrepreneurial individuals to join our collaborative and fun team!
The Textiles Production Technician will work as part of a team to coordinate and participate in activities related to textile parachute system production.
Inspection and quality control of incoming parachute systems and components
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists, gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials
- Position parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements
- Assemble components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies
- Keep equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; follow manufacturer’s instructions troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
- Operate and maintain sewing machines and related parts, including pattern plates, needles, presser feet, automatic cutting tools and blades
- Read and interpret work orders and adjust machines and materials to match, including selecting fabric, thread and needles, mounting necessary attachments and double-checking settings before beginning a large run
- Inspect and repair finished products as needed and make machine adjustments to compensate for errors or quality issues
- Build/modify/repair textile components according to work order instructions and diagrams
- Troubleshoot basic machinery problems and request service or repairs as needed
- Meet or exceed consistent daily and weekly quality goals
Strong ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English, including the ability to describe information, concepts and ideas and to convey instructions to others
- Ability to independently manage, organize, and complete work activities in order to meet or exceed established deadlines/priorities
- Ability to design and fabricate mock-ups, prototypes and finished assemblies
- Ability to conduct/participate in testing and validation of soft goods products and prototypes
- Knowledge of sewing fundamentals and the ability to operate an industrial sewing machine.
Education and Experience:
Post secondary education in a related field
- 3+ years’ experience working in production/assembly in the textile industry (preferred)
- 1+ years industrial sewing/design experience.
Monday to Friday, 8-hour shift, on-site required
This position is a full-time, (contract to permanent) and offers competitive compensation.
MMIST is an equal opportunity employer, that values diversity in the workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on any protected status.
The successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must be able to meet the requirements necessary for current Government of Canada Controlled Goods clearance and Security clearance (Reliability status or higher)