The Procurement Specialist is responsible to lead the company's procurement efforts to support and negotiate new and ongoing contracts for purchases of direct and indirect materials and services of current and new product developments. Monitor external markets for commercial opportunities and challenges, identify and resolve gaps between business requirements and supplier performance. Creates cost structure analysis to help stakeholders compare strengths and weaknesses of suppliers and their proposals. Challenge current suppliers to achieve cost and quality targets. Propose and achieve cost reduction initiatives. Comply with ISO13485 and cGMP’s guidelines.
- Functional expert and has knowledge of processes and products related to autoclaves, washers, and disinfectants.
- Influencer, relates to people, builds relationships, and effectively presents arguments.
- Results seeker, meets deadlines, identifies actions, and achieves goals
- Has strong negotiations skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Understands customer needs (internal and external)
- Understands and acts upon the organization’s financial performance
- Demonstrates continuous leadership and improvements
- A team builder and motivates to excellence
- Maximizes resources utilization
- Creates a positive learning environment
- Is dependable, accountable, and flexible.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Include the following other duties may be assigned:
· Manages, and monitors procurement activities for new project launch to meet company requirements
· Works with R&D to identify design, cost-reduction, and manufacturing efficiency improvements
· Maintains open communication between internal departments, management, and suppliers
· Assists in coordination and management of cost reduction activities related to the current supplier base
· Prepares and issues purchase orders for non-stock items.
· Ensure collaboration with the other buyer roles within the respective segment(s)
· Supports new product development and continuous improvement.
· An important interface between Engineering/R&D and the current/new suppliers during product development
· Work with accounting on the payment discrepancies/terms of payment
· Negotiate or renegotiate with suppliers for price, service, quality and innovation.
· Establish metrics (Spend/Saving Tracker, PPV, KPI's, etc.) for contracts negotiated
· Design and implement contract management strategies to assure best cost and sourcing continuity
· Conduct Supplier Risk Management, assess potential risks on vendor set up, review/evaluate the potential supply risks.
· Identify and evaluate incumbent and potential suppliers by applying established evaluation and selection criteria
· Provides senior management with effective information to support decision-making that aligns the company’s product, demand, supply and financial and strategic plans.
· Maintains monthly and quarterly cost reports.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Engineering required
· Advanced degree as master’s or MBA preferred
· 5-10 years related work experience in medical devices and/or life sciences or related highly regulated industry (as Aviation, Pharma, Food or Veterinarian)
· Proven experience in manufacturing of fabricated metal components, resins and plastic injection mouldings, electronics (such as PCB’s and LCD screens) and mechanical components (valves, pumps, electrical motors, etc.)
· Better than average understanding of accounting and finance principles
· Able to reverse-engineer quotes and standard cost setup
· Negotiation expertise
· Expert proficiency in spreadsheet, data table management, and Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, Vlook ups, complex sorting)
· Experience with ERP system and software interfacing it
· Highly motivated and self-directed, capable of multi-tasking, and ability to work with minimal supervision
· Detail-oriented, problem-solving skills and analytical thinker
· Must possess excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating with vendors and internal departments
· High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
· Strong work ethic and positive team attitude. Cross department collaboration a must
· 20% travel needed
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person