We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
Manulife Canada is seeking a self-motivated Software Technical Support Analyst to join our Insurance Support team who brings fresh ideas and demonstrates deep technical support knowledge. The successful applicant will be involved with day to day application support for our Insurance systems. You will work with our business users and Engineering squads, to ensure that the systems/applications are available and stable when required.
As a Software Technical Support Analyst, who is passionate about resolving issues and problems your responsibilities will include:
- Provide application support to our business partners, internal and external teams to debug or trouble shoot sophisticated application issues (both day time and on-call support)
- Become the technical authority for our systems and applications.
- Maintain high quality software, with accountability for production availability, reliability and usage taking a well-rounded view of system health.
- Building positive relationship with the many business partners/users, engineering team and other IT groups to uncover struggles and opportunities to deliver new business value through software
- Mentoring/coaching associate-level team members.
- Be part or lead initiatives to develop and improve standards and methodologies.
- Keeping aligned with our various Audit and Operational Risk Management standards
- Remain current on standards, technologies, approaches, and methodologies (i.e. PCF, AKS and/or Azure SQL Server PaaS)
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability as Applications Support Engineer along with coding experience using programming languages.
- Knowledge of ITIL practices with working experience in change management, problem management, and incident management process
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks & self driven, offering creative recommendations.
- Superb communication skills: We communicate A LOT so being able to be clear and concise with both written and oral communications with a measure of tact is a must. Converting tech-speak to plain language is a definite bonus
- You are dedicated to operational service improvement. This is part of who you are and with your support we will ensure the team is operating as efficiently as expected
- Demonstrable ability to multitask both independently and within a team
- Ability to understand business process requirements and through the use of technology, conceptualize creative solutions through to implementation
- Successful candidate will have solid understanding and/or experience in some of the following technologies:
- Windows and Unix Operation Systems
- Site Reliability toolkits (Devo, Dynatrace, New Relic)
- Relational Databases (MS SQL, Oracle), NoSQL (Cosmos, MongoDB)
- Perl script
- .NET, NodeJS or similar code development
- Azure, Pivotal or other cloud based platforms
- Incident / Change management tools (Service now or similar)
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all partners and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .
The annual base salary for this role is listed below.
CAN, Ontario, Waterloo, 500 King Street North
Salary range is expected to be between
$68,775.00 CAD - $114,625.00 CAD
If you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact [email protected] for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in Canada includes holidays, vacation, personal, and sick days, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence. If you are applying for this role in the U.S., please contact [email protected] for more information about U.S.-specific paid time off provisions.