Loewen Windows and Doors is the leading manufacturer of premium windows and doors for the luxury architectural market in North America and abroad. In addition to proudly handcrafting enduring products that enhance beautiful architecture, we are an innovative organization that has evolved into a design-driven, technologically advanced company of the modern age. Our products are beautiful, and they are built to last through higher standards and authentic materials.
As a Machine Design Engineer or Technologist, you will support Operations and lead the machine, fixture and jig designs while continuously working to improve current state within the manufacturing plant. This position is located at our corporate office and manufacturing facility in Steinbach, MB.
Video - More Than a Window
In this role you will be engaged with:
- Development of CAD models for designs of jigs and fixtures on engineering projects.
- Participating in shop floor improvement projects, identifying tools and equipment to increase efficiency and capacity.
- Working on specific projects involving equipment, tooling, fixtures and jigs to solve production and service related issues.
- Developing, drawing, updating, testing and obtaining certification of equipment designs and modifications of production equipment and tooling.
- Resolving and ensuring that all new equipment and design changes meet relevant safety standards and codes.
- Researching, specifying, ordering, implementing and performance testing for new production tooling and equipment.
- Staying informed about new technology, manufacturing practices, processes, and equipment.
- Coordination and prioritization of Engineering activities with Maintenance department personnel.
- Promoting a continuous improvement culture within the organization.
Your education and experience to be successful in this role may include:
- A degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering Program or diploma from a related technology program. Drafting & Design Technologist with extensive experience may be considered.
- Holds a valid professional registration with APEGM (P.Eng) or CTTAM (CET).
- 3+ years experience in manufacturing and machine/fixture design.
- Proficiency in AutoDesk Inventor (or other equivalent CAD systems), MS Word, Excel, and Planner.
- Mechanical aptitude with knowledge of mechanical components and assembly. Familiar with machinery safety requirements such as CSA Z432.
- Keen cutting tooling knowledge, awareness of CNC machining equipment up to 5 axis with multiple heads.
- Experience with cost savings calculations in Lean manufacturing.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and ability to read/interpret engineering drawings.
- Positive interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service with Machinists, Electricians and Millwrights.
- Analytical thinker capable of “thinking outside the box” that has sturdy root cause analysis problem solving skills.
- Strong work ethic for both independent projects and team collaborations.
Why work at Loewen? We have a culture where diversity is valued and where you have the opportunity to make a difference. We support you and your career by providing valuable tools, education, and development opportunities that allow you to grow and succeed with us. Together we share a passion for design, precision craftsmanship and relationships as we achieve our vision to be the world’s leading supplier of luxury windows and doors.
Loewen is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our company. We thank all candidates for applying, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.