Requisition ID: 30305
Do you want to work at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers? We’re looking for people who are driven by excellence to work with innovative technology to create the material tomorrow’s world will be made of.
At ArcelorMittal Dofasco, we play a key role in North America’s advanced manufacturing supply chain working with the top automotive, energy, packaging, and construction brands to develop lighter, stronger and more sustainable steel products – from cans to cars.
We are at the forefront of the steel industry with a plan to change the way we make steel to significantly reduce GHG emissions in the short term, while reaching net zero before 2050. Ours will be the first integrated steelmaking site in the world to make this transformation and it will happen by 2028. Our global company is leading the world with significant decarbonization projects in North America and Europe and our site is key to this plan.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco is Hamilton's largest private sector employer with more than 4,500 employees, shipping 4.5 million net tons of high quality flat carbon steel annually. Our iconic tagline "Our Product is Steel. Our Strength is People. is a true expression of our belief that our people are our competitive advantage.
General Storekeeper, Plant Stores
Ensure the efficient receiving, inventory management and distribution of maintenance, repairable, operation and production spares within all Plant Stores storerooms, stores yards and warehouses.
- Ensure the efficient receiving and re-distribution of goods through the adherence of Plant Stores Standard Operating Procedures and processes, Purchasing Receipt of Goods procedure and various Business Systems Receiving functions.
- Ensure the efficient inventorying of goods through the adherence of Plant Stores Standard Operating Procedures, processes and Purchasing Inventory Management procedure.
- Ensure the efficient distribution of goods through the adherence of Plant Stores Standard Operating Procedures, and various processes.
- Participate in process improvement efforts and identifies improvement opportunities to support the achievement of department goals, warehouse and inventory optimization and team goals.
- Provide mentoring, cross training and transfer knowledge to team members to ensure competency within the work team.
- Resolve problems in receiving, delivery and quality concerns between Plant Stores, Purchasing, various Business Units and suppliers.
- Inform stakeholders about order status by expediting orders and following up on deliveries.
- Strong personal computer, standard corporate software applications and applicable business systems skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, teamwork skills, decision making and problem solving skills are required.
- Good relationship building skills and hand writing skills are required.
- Good mechanical, electrical aptitude is an asset
Education and Accreditation:
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or Ontario High School Equivalency is required.
- Community College specializing in areas such as Materials Controls, Inventory Management, mechanical, electrical is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Medical Screening for Mobile Equipment Operator is required.
Warehouse / Outdoor yard / Office environment. Required to wear standard safety equipment (Hard Hat, Safety Boots, and Safety Glasses when outdoors or in mill areas, Gloves as required).
Hours of Work:
10.5 hour dayshifts, Monday to Thursday OR Tuesday to Friday with overtime as required.
Must be willing to adjust this schedule, as need dictates.
Total Rewards at ArcelorMittal Dofasco
- We provide employees with a market competitive total compensation package. Our promise is to provide superior pay for superior performance, accompanied by comprehensive health and wellness, pension, vacation and related programs.
- Competitive hourly rates and shift premium
- On your first day you will immediately be eligible for:
- Bonus paid twice a year based on Company performance on key goals. Your bonus target will be 10% of base salary earnings.
- Company paid Defined Contribution Pension Plan. No employee contribution required. With employer contributions between 5 and 10%.
- Competitive vacation allowances
- Group Benefits with no health and dental premiums.
- For health and dental claims you only pay amounts above the maximums the plan pays.
- Life insurance premiums are shared with the company.
After two years of permanent company service you will participate in our Profit Sharing, where all permanent employees share equally in allocation of profits.
Other immediate benefits include:
- Competitive vacation entitlements
- PPE and workwear provided at no cost (if required)
- Wellness and Employee Assistance Programs
- Free access to three onsite fitness centers and our 70-acre recreation park with multiple arenas, fields and organized sports for you and your family
We would like to thank all those who apply in advance since only applicants selected to complete an online assessment will be contacted.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply and we are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.