Job Title: Education & Training Manager
Status: Regular, Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Position level: Level 7
Hiring range: $59,182.48 - $68,608.71 annually
Salary range: $59,182.48 - $79,536.30 annually
Job location: Mothercraft College of ECE, 646 St. Clair West
A little about us
Hi, we’re Mothercraft, and we’re so excited to meet you!
For nearly a century, we’ve been a trailblazer in promoting healthy child development and supporting families in our community. We’re dedicated to excellence and constantly exploring innovative concepts and ideas related to child care and education.
Our approach is grounded in the latest research, which guides every aspect of our work.
This includes everything from our high-quality child care and enrichment programs, to our specialized services for children and families with unique needs, and our comprehensive training programs for childcare providers and other professionals.
At Mothercraft, we celebrate diversity and strive to cultivate a warm and inclusive environment that welcomes everyone. Join us in our mission to help children thrive and families flourish!
A little about our Education and Training Division
At Mothercraft, we are dedicated to providing exceptional child care and early learning experiences that promote healthy development for all families. The Education and Training
Division includes Mothercraft’s College of Early Childhood Education and training department. Mothercraft’s College of Early Childhood Education offers a twelve (12) month, four-semester, accelerated and intensive diploma program in Early Childhood
Education. The Mothercraft Diploma in Early Childhood Education is recognized by the
College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE) and is a Registered Private Career College with the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU). Mothercraft also offers professional learning opportunities for individuals and groups working in the early learning and early years sectors as well as training programs related to Home Based Child Care, Enhanced
Language Training and Professional Development.
As the Education & Training Manager, you will play a crucial role supporting Mothercraft’s
College of Early Childhood Education. Your passion for early childhood education and ability to connect with students will be instrumental in fostering a positive and engaging atmosphere. You’ll work alongside a team of dedicated educators and faculty staff, collaborating to provide the highest education for students and professionals. Sound exciting? Here’s a little more…
As the Education & Training Manager, you will…
- Report to the Director of Education & Training and provide leadership for the day- to-day operations of the department in keeping with the Mission, Vision, and Values of the organization.
- Review of all activities related to the Early Childhood Education Diploma program, community professional learning sessions, and certificate courses offered by the College (on-site, in the community, online).
- Regularly assess departmental education and training delivery processes to ensure the delivery of high quality services and ensure service tartgets/deliverables are met.
- Coach, mentor, and support staff development, including provision of regular feedback through supervision, annual performance appraisals and career development planning.
- Work collaboratively with senior staff (Executive Director, Directors, Managers) and Human Resources to develop, implement, and assess various employment related matters.
- Work collaboratively in the development and implementation of the Mothercraft’s strategic plan as part of the College’s academic planning proves.
- Assumes an operational leadership role in the program and curriculum review process in the College and consults and collaborates with the Curriculum Advisor on content.
- Conduct academic monitoring including regular communications with the students, course evaluation, and instructor observations and placement coordinator/supervisor(s). Responsible for the establishments of learning outcomes for programs in the department in accordance with provisions set out in academic policies.
- Liaise with key stakeholders at partner colleges and universities (e.g. deans, heads of school, degree program directors, student progress office, admissions office,) and with other appropriate committees and bodies.
- Deliver courses and supervise placements, as required, across all Mothercraft College education and training programs.
- Evaluate current course content and delivery methodologies, proposing changes as appropriate.
You will be set up for success if you have…
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or Equivalent and registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators; an undergraduate degree in a related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in adult education and a minimum of two (2) years’ working in the early years sector, including developing courses and training programs.
- Supervisory and/or leadership experience.
- Proven interest in broader child care sector.
- Understanding of child development, program planning, early years pedagogy, and regulatory environment, such as the CCEYA, licensing and quality measures.
- Satisfactory vulnerable sector police reference check
- Full vaccination with a recognized COVID-19 vaccine
As the ideal candidate, you possess…
- A strong communicator with skills in written and verbal communication
- A collaborative team member and an ability to work independently
- Having a strong ability to multi-task and excellent organizational skills
- An ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work in a fast paced, complex, and team based adult learning environment
- Having strong knowledge of the early learning and care sector
Why you’ll love working at Mothercraft
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Mothercraft, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to a comprehensive benefits package and a defined benefit pension plan, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it…
- Team: We’re a team of passionate individuals who are committed to supporting healthy child development and making a positive impact on families and communities.
- Benefits: Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that includes extended health, dental, life insurance, and long-term disability coverage, ensuring that you and your family are well taken care of.
- Pension: Take advantage of our defined benefit pension plan, which provides financial security and stability for your future.
- Time off: Enjoy generous paid time off, including vacation starting at 3 weeks, 12 sick days, and 3 floater days a year, allowing you to take the time you need to recharge and relax.
- Financial wellness: Participate in our financial wellness program through Enriched Academy, which provides resources and tools to help you achieve your financial goals and improve your financial well-being.
- Life-long learning: We’re life-long learners here at Mothercraft. Grow your skills and knowledge through our professional development opportunities which will help you stay up-to-date with the latest research and best practices in the field.
- Extra support: Access our Employee and Family Assistance Program, which provides confidential support and resources to help you and your family with a wide range of personal and professional challenges.
Next steps - Apply today by submitting your resume on Indeed. We appreciate your interest and thank all applicants for their submissions. However, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Diversity and inclusion
Mothercraft is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations that we support. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Mothercraft strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are inclusive and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Department in advance of attending an interview. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- working in adult education: 5 years (required)
- Registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators (required)
Work Location: In person