- Computer operation
- Change management
- Analysis skills
- Computer networking
Article Flag: Mandatory Vaccination Please Note:
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Providence Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
Reporting to the Education and Training Leader, Foundry the Workforce Education and Training Manager, Foundry provides practice support to Foundry – a provincial initiative with the goal of providing youth and young adults with enhanced access to integrated services. This position also works collaboratively with Foundry service and centre implementation staff to meet the workforce education and training needs of the Foundry network. The position supports local centre operations and the Foundry central office team through the translation of findings on evidence-based best practice and research into education and training products that can be used and delivered through a variety of communications channels (i.e., paper-based, multi-media) such as policies and procedures, education and training programs, online instructional services, etc. and that supports the delivery of integrated care for youth and young adults. The position works with multiple-stakeholders to identify knowledge needs and translate these needs into deliverables, as well as support system change management processes including effective implementation of evidence-based practice interventions. The Manager will play a key role in supporting multi-sector participants in improving access to services via Implementation Science methodology. Develops programs and materials, delivers or coordinates education and training sessions to support sustainable uptake, adoption, and implementation of evidence-based interventions, and evaluates the effectiveness of these education and training activities. The position also leads specific projects ensuring that initiatives are aligned with organizational goals, objectives and priorities.
Qualifications / Skills and Education:
Master’s Degree in a related health care field supplemented by training in Adult Education plus three (3) years’ recent, related experience in the development and delivery of knowledge exchange and mobilization strategies and programs within clinical settings including use of computer-based and online training modalities or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of content design, delivery and evaluation of learning modules/programs.
Demonstrated experience working within the Implementation Science model.
Demonstrated experience utilizing Implementation Science coaching tools and processes, for example: implementation drivers, coaching plans, leading agency level implementation teams.
Demonstrated ability to facilitate and promote collaboration and change management, and work both independently and within a team environment.
Knowledge of and ability to conduct research on clinical best practices and incorporate into a variety of education and training products.
Ability to synthesize information from stakeholders to inform online learning content design, delivery and communication.
Demonstrated familiarity with use of online learning and knowledge exchange platforms.
Ability to teach, coach, and provide clinical support.
Ability to identify learning needs and develop knowledge exchange strategies/programs.
Ability to provide and/or develop resource materials, including educational materials.
Ability to apply decision making and analytical skills.
Ability to prioritize, and to plan, coordinate, and organize work.
Ability to operate required equipment.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops, plans, implements, and evaluates workforce education and training strategies and programs for the Foundry network, in collaboration with the Education and Training Leader, Foundry service and centre implementation and other Foundry central office and centre staff, that support clinical practice and change management.
2. Supports the use of evidence-based research in clinical practice by identifying best practice, emerging trends and conducting research such as literature reviews, environmental scans, etc. to support decision-making and implementation. Conducts appropriate analysis of data and information. Liaises with other experts internally and externally to meet information needs. Incorporates those findings into policies, procedures, guidelines, communities of practice, knowledge products, reference materials, learning materials, and teaching.
Workforce Education and Training Manager, Foundry (JD Code 001687) Job Code 901144 Page 2
June 2016, June 2017, August 2020, July 2023
3. Assesses requests for programs/services, validates learning needs through needs assessment and consultation, and develops proposals and new programs/services as required to meet learning needs.
4. Coordinates and schedules educational and training activities; delivers training sessions both in individual and group settings (in-person and online) and through role modeling appropriate skills and behaviours.
5. Identifies and develops indicators to evaluate learning outcomes and revises programs accordingly.
6. Develops and coordinates Communities of Practice for clinicians and other staff across the province to support advancement of practice and maintain knowledge base. Coordinates Network Knowledge Exchange for centre leaders to support knowledge exchange regarding orientation, operations, service implementation, research, etc. Sets ups regularly scheduled meetings either in person or web-based, prepares materials, leads and facilitates discussions and workshops and/or arranges speakers.
7. Participates in the development of knowledge content for the Foundry website and Learning Management System.
8. Participates in the development and dissemination of related communications and promotional materials.
9. Leads special projects as required. Supports leaders and teams in the identification of opportunities to improve the care delivery and service as well as the design and implementation of strategies to make these improvements. Consults regularly with centre and Foundry central office leaders regarding progress and outcomes.
10. Provides leadership, facilitation, coordination and/or support as required to organizational committees, improvement groups and operational/implementation groups.
11. Provides information, reports, analyses and recommendations to Foundry centre teams, Provincial Director and other stakeholders as required to support program evaluation and decision-making.
12. Provides contract, budget and summary information related to events and education and training activities and oversees a budget to support workforce education and training.
13. Provides day-to-day operational support for the education and training coordinating staff including onboarding of staff, provision of education and training of staff, coaching and mentoring staff, orientating staff to available Foundry resources and information portals.
14. Monitors and orders equipment and supplies.
15. Performs other related duties as required.