Niagara Systems Specialist (x1)
HVAC Controls Service Technician (x1)
Control Solutions is BC's largest independent controls contractor.
We offer a full complement of building automation products.
We offer 24/7 service to every one of our clients.
Nearly all our contract work takes place in southwestern British Columbia.
Our office is in Coquitlam, BC.
Who we are looking for:
We continually seek motivated people who are smart technically, intellectually, and socially.
We want people who care about people, and who care about building optimization and energy management.
We need people who take pride in their work to help us design and create energy efficient, healthy work and living environments everywhere for everyone.
What You Can Expect From Us:
Competitive pay and benefits.
One-to-one training and mentorship from industry experts.
Career Advancement Opportunities.
Placement into a creative, supportive, and cooperative project team.
What You’ll be Doing Here (Position: Service Technician)
You will be responsible for providing support to our customers who operate the Building Management System (BMS) which we’ve sold and installed. You will perform preventative maintenance and service request visits through which you’ll build and maintain strong company-to-client relationships.
What Your Average Day Looks Like (Position: Service Technician)
You’ll travel independently to various locations and meet with our clients in their workspace where you will provide support and assistance for the BMS system. You’ll help them to identify, diagnose and correct operational control issues, wiring issues and mechanical system deficiencies within the BMS systems. You’ll perform BMS system software and firmware updates and you'll carry out system component calibrations and replacements as required.
How We Screen Our Applicants:
You will need to meet most of the following skill, experience, and training requirements to be considered for this position.
- A post-secondary education in Automation, Instrumentation, or a related branch of electrical engineering and design.
- Proven experience in the Building Automation industry with a preference towards HVAC equipment.
- Proven experience in working with low-voltage wiring (24VAC/DC – 120VAC)
- Comprehension of HVAC mechanical systems.
- Comprehension of low-voltage control systems and associated control strategies.
- Experience with communications protocols such as BACnet and Modbus or LonWorks.
- Located in Greater Vancouver, with a valid driver’s licence, a reliable vehicle insured for business use.
- Legally permitted to reside and work in Canada for the long term.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Covid-19 precautions are in line with provincial recommendations.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Coquitlam, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- How many years experience IN TOTAL do you have working in Automation and Controls?
- Of those years how many were spent working in Automation specificy to the HVAC CONTROLS industry?
- Do you live Greater Vancouver? If not, please give your current location.
- Are you a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident?
- If you answered "No" to the previous question: Do you possess a valid work permit for Canada AND when will it expire?
- English fluently for technical applications (required)
- driver's license (required)
Work Location: In person