Who We Are & What We Do
The Hillman Group services a wide variety of customers in the Automotive, Industrial, Retail and Agricultural channels. We have products in Home Depot, Lowes, Canadian Tire, Walmart and more! Have you ever done any home improvement projects? If so, you likely know our products.
The Hillman Group Canada employs over 700 employees in 2 manufacturing facilities and 7 distribution facilities across Canada. We have a great group of professionals whose dedication and teamwork form the backbone of our company.
Working in our Edmonton Distribution Center, the Operations Manager is responsible for the strategic direction and leadership of staff administration, KPI tracking and execution of all warehouse and distribution activities. This role is to effectively and efficiently manage the development and directions of the operational team to drive the growth of revenue, technical productivity and promote high quality customer satisfaction while building relationships and ensuring the integration of strategic plans with company operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall Health & Safety and well-being of the team members and enforcement of all Health & Safety practices. Contribute actively within the Human Resources team and local Safety Team.
- Responsible for developing strategies and executing to meet customer expectations and P&L targets ensuring financial goals are met.
- Ensure cadence of communication flow at all levels in the facility and throughout the organization
- Monitor shift/departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken where necessary.
- Meet regularly with department leads/business unit leaders; facilitate resolution of issues/problems between business units and/or departments.
- Responsible for appropriate staff levels to meet requirements of the department.
- Partner with HR regarding employee relation issues.
- Communicate and enforce policies, procedures to meet the goals of the shift/department.
- Report on the daily, monthly, and annual department's key performance indicators.
- Develop and implement strategies around continuous improvement of the department.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree in a technical field preferred.
- 5-7 or more years previous management experience in a busy distribution environment with proven leadership abilities.
- Knowledge of WMS, E1 systems, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment.
If you are interested in joining a fun and collaborative work environment, apply today!
We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Upon request, we will, in consultation with the applicant, determine the nature of any accommodation that may be required.
The Hillman Group Canada ULC
900 Passmore Ave., Scarborough, ON M1X 0A1 Tel:
(416) 694-3351 hpaulin.com hillmangroup.ca Linkedin.com/company/the-hillman-group/