Priority Logistics Inc. is an asset-based intermodal service provider with offices across Canada. We offer Intermodal and over the road LTL/TL service from all the points within Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, Quebec.
Priority Logistics inc. is looking for someone to grow with our company and move up the ladder.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Load planning freight using cube, weight, and pallet count from Trucking Software
- Inspect freight during stripping process and cross-reference bills to the shipment.
- Record discrepancies in freight being unloaded and assist the customer service department
- Communicate with supervisors and other team members
- Complete manifests and transfer sheets for completed loads.
- Perform and record daily inspection of forklift and other equipment.
- End-of-day reporting to ensure smooth transition between shifts
- Offloading and loading trailers.
- Knowledge of Truckmate is an asset
- Cleaning Trailers/Warehouse
- Fill out paperwork as required by Warehouse Manager
- Follow other duties
- Monday - Friday - 2 pm - 10 pm
Minimum High School
- Motivated and show initiative with the ability to learn quickly, and work with minimal supervision.
- 2-3 years warehouse experience required – LTL loading experience an asset.
- Must have valid forklift license – 2+ years counterbalance forklift experience required.
- Willingness to adapt and adjust, strong multi-task skills, and shows an ability to work in a fast-paced environment when required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize
- Strives to be a highly efficient team player with a positive personality
- Ability to use various computer applications
- Ability to communicate (read and write) in English
- · Proficiency with computers, ability to work in Windows applications, especially Microsoft Office is an asset.
- Strong work ethic
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Opportunity for growth! We also offer full benefits after probation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $22.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Forklift: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person