Nova Hotels is a Canadian, family owned and operated hotel chain and management company based in Western Canada. Nova has 15 full and limited service hotels across Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories. Nova Hotels started its’ business in Yellowknife in 2000 and has had over 32 hotels and operate 6 different brands in the last 21 years of business, making us one of the larger independent hotel chains in Western Canada. We have almost 2300 guest rooms and over 100,000 square feet of meeting space. We are also an award-winning hotel chain with awards like Employer of Choice and a few locations are COR certified. Nova Hotels strives to provide you the utmost in comfort and service at a great price. No matter if you are an employee of Nova Hotels or a valued guest, we want you to feel like you are a part of our family.
The Northwest Territories is so many things. It's the start of a journey. An attitude. A destination like no other. It is a place from the pages of history. A place that still lives free and wild. Big and big-hearted. Full of adventure and discovery. And more accessible than you think. It is endless waters and unmatched landscapes. The Northwest Territories is the last corner of North America to be tamed – home to the biggest and deepest lakes, the highest waterfalls, the fabled Northwest Passage, the forbidding Barrenlands and so much more. The Northwest Territories is the best place on Earth to witness the cavorting Aurora and the midnight sun. In summer, it's downright toasty. In winter, it is a new experience, with sundogs, moonbows, trees frosted in glitter, and roads made out of ice.
It is an immense land here for you to explore. It is waiting for you.
In addition to competitive wages we offer:
- Meal program
- Staff rates at any of our locations throughout NWT, Saskatchewan and Alberta.
- Friends & Family Rates at any of our locations
- Extended Health Benefits for full time employees
- Employee Discounts at the F&B Outlets
The Room Attendant is responsible for ensuring the property guest rooms are cleaned and maintained in a timely and thorough manner to maximize the highest degree of guest satisfaction. They move quickly and organize their tasks according to business volumes to ensure that the housekeeping team always has what they need. They are passionate about serving others and working as a team with associates from all departments. Ensuring all linens & terry products are cleaned and maintained to the standards set by the hotel using the correct cleaning techniques and cleaning agents.
This position includes days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following areas.
- Follows all established and future housekeeping Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures guest satisfaction by cleaning and servicing the assigned guest rooms or areas according to established standards and standard operating procedures including making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash etc. Includes cleaning of room refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, etc.
- Monitors and control supplies and amenities and minimizes waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Reports, turns in, and/or logs all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Reports all concerns related to Maintenance, Health and Safety, Security or Suspicious circumstances (including smells/sights and sound) immediately to the Supervisor.
- Maximizes job efficiency and ensures a neat and orderly appearance by maintaining and stocking carts.
- Maintains, vacuums and cleans guest floor hallways.
- Cleans and maintains vacuum cleaner and other tools on a regular basis.
- Assists in the removal of trash, recyclables and dirty linens as directed.
- Clean approximately 1 guest room every 30 minutes
- Adheres to all Nova Hotels standards, including Hygiene and Grooming, Health and Safety, Security, Fire Safety, and Guest Interactions.
- Provides exceptional guest service at all times.
- Perform other job related duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Results Oriented
- Team Player
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work in a progressive, exciting team environment
- One complimentary meal per shift
- Employee discount in dining areas
- Employee discount at sister properties
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada
We thank all applicants for their interest in Nova Hotels, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.