Electromechanical Assembly Co-op/Intern
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
We are a B2B technology innovation leader pioneering the future where networks meet cloud.
At Nokia you will have a positive impact on people's lives and help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and accessible world.
Be part of a culture built on an inclusive way of working where we are open to your ideas, you are empowered to take risks and are encouraged to be fearless in bringing your authentic self to work.
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia's Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
The team you will be a part of
You will work in a large Research and Development team building proto-type assemblies from engineering drawings. You will develop strong hands-on skills and work closely with the Electrical and Mechanical design teams.
Position: Electromechanical Assembly Co-op/Intern
Duration: 4 months
Date: Jan 8th, 2024, to Apr 26th, 2024
Location: Onsite in Ottawa, Canada
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of the team, you will:
- Assist in the maintenance and organization of a mechanical build lab for new products, Raw Materials, Assembly and Finished goods areas
- Mechanical assembly of telecommunication products:
- Install heat-sinks, faceplates and cables onto printed circuit boards. Install printed circuit boards into mechanical assemblies. Inspect and adjust completed units to ensure they meet quality standards
- Deliver completed assemblies to the test team paying attention to the quality of assembly and providing feedback as to issues/improvements
- Maintain an inventory of raw materials and completed assemblies
Your skills and experience
Currently a candidate for a Bachelor's degree or diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or a related field with an accredited school in Canada.
You have :
- Mechanical skills
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
It would be nice if you also had:
- General understanding of Telecom products
- Experience on Auto Cad software Pro-Engineer
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
- Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset, and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
- Meaningful Co-op Term: During your co-op term, you will have the opportunity to test the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply them to real work situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
One of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia's employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.