Fisheries and Oceans Canada - Canadian Coast Guard College
Sydney (Nova Scotia)
$71,599 to $77,368
For further information on the organization, please visit Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Closing date: 30 June 2023 - 23:59, Pacific Time
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada, and Canadian citizens and Permanent residents abroad.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
The Canadian Coast Guard College is a national maritime training facility located on scenic Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. It’s a national college that provides training and services in French and English. It delivers programs to support the College’s mission and mandate in marine safety, security and environmental protection.
The college’s unique and specialized training is sought after by organizations around the world. Each year, highly trained graduates join their colleagues as Coast Guard officers to provide services that are critical to Canadians.
The intent of this process is to staff one bilingual CBC/CBC position.
Positions to be filled: 1
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary institution in the field of Marketing, Business Administration or Communication (Diploma or degree) or an acceptable combination of education, training or experience.
- Significant work experience in the field of marketing or recruitment. (Minimum of 5 years’ experience.)
- Experience developing and implementing strategic recruitment or marketing plans.
- Experience in providing strategic recommendations to senior management.
- Experience with Stakeholder engagement.
- Experience in Human Resource management.
- Experience in Financial Management.
- Graduate of a Master’s degree in Marketing or Communication.
- Experience in leading staffing processes.
- Experience in recruiting for a post-secondary educational institution.
Bilingual - Imperative (CBC/CBC)
Information on language requirements
- Knowledge of the principles and strategies associated with social media marketing and recruitment.
- Create Vision and Strategy
- Mobilize People
- Uphold Integrity and Respect
- Collaborate with Partners and Stakeholders
- Promote Innovation and Guide Change
- Achieve Results
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Coast Guard(CCG), programs and services.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Coast Guard Officer Training Program.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Coast Guard College (CCGC) operational training programs, mandate and organizational structure.
Selection may be limited to members of the following Employment Equity groups: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women
Information on employment equity
The candidates must agree to carry out overtime and to travel within the framework of their employment.
Reliability Status security clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE: Please submit your application online.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the application or evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
You can contact the Public Service Commission of Canada's support centre by selecting the "Contact Us" link below, in the left corner of this window, or by calling 1-888-780-4444.
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice.
Candidates must meet the essential qualifications to be appointed to a position. A candidate may be appointed to a position even though he/she does not meet any or all the asset qualifications or operational requirements. However, meeting these criteria is desirable and may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed.
All information obtained throughout the selection process, from the time of application to the conclusion of the process, may be considered in the assessment of any essential or asset qualifications, including the ability to communicate in writing and orally.
Acknowledgment of receipt of applications will not be sent.
For this appointment process, our intention is to communicate with candidates by email for assessment purposes (including sending invitations for written tests and interviews). Candidates who apply to this selection process must include, in their application, a valid e-mail address and make sure that this address is always functional and accepts messages from unknown users (some e-mail systems block these types of e-mail). If you do not wish to receive your results by e-mail, it is your responsibility to inform us.
Please note that candidates can be eliminated by the Public Service Resourcing System (PSRS) based on PSRS screening questions.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.