Located in Ottawa, Ontario, Central Precast was established in 1956 and began manufacturing precast concrete products for the general construction industry. The product line and manufacturing facility grew to include landscape products, steps, and architectural panels and is part of The Precast Group which is the largest precast concrete products producer in Eastern Ontario. The Precast Group has three manufacturing operations: Central Precast, M Con Products and Utility Structures Inc. Our mission is to meet the demands of our customers and employees, under a safe working environment, where service and quality are at the forefront. We have an immediate opening for a Welder
· Performs skilled welding work in the fabrication and repair of precast concrete building components with arc-welding equipment
· Work as directed in the safe handling, erection and welding of precast concrete building and structural components at job sites
· Ensure all assigned equipment is maintained in safe, working order
· Fabricate weldments, embeds and sub-assemblies as directed
· Studies drawings to determine repairs or construction required
· Prepares to perform safe welding projects
· Abide by Company Safety Program and Policies, while performing duties safely
· High School Diploma or equivalent experience
· Certified W47.1 in all positions SMAW and GMAW
· Minimum 5 yrs experience ideally in precast concrete industry; however, experience in steel installation is acceptable
· Must be able to understand and follow detailed verbal and written instructions. Ability to write simple correspondence and communicate effectively in a team setting
· Ability to read and interpret drawings and plans is an asset.
· Ability to perform basic math, read fractions and a tape measure
· Experience with basic hand and power tools and their use
· Capable of arc & MIG welding in all positions and in all conditions
· Capable of using oxy/fuel torch to cut steel
· Lifting may be required with assistance provided if needed
· Proficient skills in stick welding and ability to read and understand weld prints/symbols.
· Must be comfortable working on structures at high levels off the ground
· Must be comfortable working outside in any and all kinds of weather.
· Proven experience maintaining a clean and organized work environment and report to work on time as scheduled.
· Knowledge and experience working to construction safety policies and standards of OHSA and Regulations of Ontario and Concrete Industries.
· Must be proficient in the safe operation of all tools and equipment assigned welders, cutting torches, manlifts, etc.
· WHMIS/GHS Certification
· Working at Heights Certification
· Construction Health and Safety Basic Training
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Company mandatory COVID protocols in place.
- Welding: 1 year (preferred)
Reference ID: WD2021