HSSE Services Director - ( 230003S8 )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works to support operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 28,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Our Functional Services Teams (FSTs) include Corporate Development, Finance, Human Resources, HSSE, IT, Legal, Marketing/Communications, Practice Services and Real Estate and Procurement. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
The Director for our Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) Services team will lead the team in a fundamental change to a global framework model for our HSSE program. The Director HSSE Services reports to the Senior Vice President, HSSE and is part of the HSSE Leadership team. They work with the Global Region, United States and Canadian HSSE Directors, the Security Director and Environment Director to provide a fit for purpose HSSE program that meets the unique needs of the operational execution of our Operating Units in the numerous countries & locations where our work is executed. The successful applicant will be responsible to lead and manage a team of people who engage in our internal Client Services, Data and Document Services and Electronic Solutions. They will also be responsible for ensuring the program complies with our quality control and assurance approach.
Your Key Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the HSSE leadership team, develop and implement a global HSSE framework and program that is useable in a local manner, incorporating regional legislative and work culture requirements. All program elements need to be relevant to the work, engaging to the users and easy to implement.
- Implement the HSSE strategic direction through planning, development, administration, and management of the HSSE Program.
- Coordinate regular communication with HSSE Operations teams to discuss practices, procedures, reporting needs and current HSSE program challenges or opportunities for improvement.
- Work with the HSSE Directors to review internal and external practice audit results, identify root causes for non-conformances, develop improvement plans, and follow up on action items with operational leaders within area of responsibility.
- Ensure that all elements of the HSSE program go through a documented quality control and assurance process.
- Work collaboratively with other functional service teams to coordinate injury management, return to work, HSSE legal requirements, training, and medical surveillance programs.
- Manage and improve the incident management program. Share resulting lessons learned across HSSE and operations.
- Work collaboratively with Human Resources and HSSE team to ensure high quality HSSE resources and talent are being acquired and retained in the HSSE Services team.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Formal training or extensive experience in program/systems design or development.
- Understanding of professional services working environment.
- Demonstrated success in implementing a framework program.
- Experience with multiple companies or industries with an understanding of how different approaches were successful.
- Working experience with ISO 45001:2018 or equivalent OHS management systems.
- Working experience with regulations, standards, and systems in a wide variety of countries.
- Knowledge and experience working with diverse cultures in multiple countries would be considered an asset.
- Fluent in English mandatory, working knowledge of other languages considered an asset.
- Strong ability to implement positive fundamental changes to achieve a vision.
- Strong change management skills.
- Client focus and desire to meet their needs.
- Coachable; able to take direction and change behaviors that benefit the program outcomes.
- Desire to learn new ideas and to implement the ideas in a relevant manner.
- Teamwork skills to collaboratively work with other stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
- Proven Project Management capabilities; changes to the program will be managed as internal projects.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with an ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously from planning phase through to completion.
- Strong communication, negotiating and conflict management skills with ability to influence stakeholders which will include HSSE Directors, internal clients and senior leadership.
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to make an informed decision based on the information available on hand.
Education & Experience
- 15 years’ experience, including 5 years of supervisory and team leadership experience. May consider candidates with less experience but proven ability to perform required responsibilities.
- Degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid passport and ability to travel cross-border. Travel requirements are expected to be very minimal.
- A remote-work arrangement will be considered.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Alberta-Red Deer, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Quebec-Ville de Québec, Canada-Quebec-Laval, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Quebec-Montréal
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1203 HSSE-CA Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 26, 2023, 1:15:28 PM
Req ID: 230003S8
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans