Established in 2014, BBB A+ Rating and growing organically, Honest Home Buyers is a boutique residential real estate investment company headquartered in Hamilton, Ontario. We are engaged in direct-to-seller property acquisitions, constructing/renovating, assigning, leasing and re-selling of residential real estate, in Southern Ontario. We seek value-add growth/investment opportunities and generally operate in West Toronto to London, including Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge, Brantford, Hamilton and as far east as Niagara Region.
Our Core Values are:
1) Business Excellence
2) Embrace and Master Change
3) Improve Self, Others and Communities
4) Help build and become part of an unstoppable symbiotic team
5) Ordinary Folks achieving extraordinary results
Why Work at Honest Home Buyers?
- Surround yourself with other people who work as ideal team members. Who genuinely LOVE what they do and deliver excellent results!!!
- We encourage personal and professional growth through first and foremost by having a culture defined by team members who are Humble, Hungary and People Smart.
- Tuition reimbursements to encourage our staff to practice lifelong learning.
- We are a close knit team of caring individuals not some large corporation where you will get lost and replaced like a spare part! You will work closely alongside the owner and other staff everyday and work on challenging, growth-oriented projects!
- Growth-oriented, challenging yet humble work environment! We like huddle every morning virtually and hold monthly in-person meetings where we do something fun and get to know each other on a personal level.
- Competitive salary and compensation packages.
The Acquisitions Rep (AKA Homebuying Specialist) role is for a Hall of Fame Salesperson who will help us purchase property at below market value prices. You will be joining our small yet organically growing team of internal staff working in a fast-paced buy-low-sell-higher environment. This role is for someone wanting to join a winning team, an organically growing team, where one is a valued and respected team member playing an vitally important role to help drive profits.
- You are Humble, Hungary and People Smart and value being a team player and working toward team objectives.
- This means, you go above and beyond for the team. You are down-to-earth and matter of fact, not a pretentious prick. You don’t have a huge ego. You are great with people (or at least you are aware of your weaknesses regarding people and are working on improving in that area).
- High-level advanced written, spoken English knowledge and skills. (If you regularly use a dictionary and/or read this might be for you. If you routinely read past things you don’t understand or don’t read at least a few times a week, this might not be for you.)
- You have at least 2 years of prior full-time sales experience under your belt. We’ll train you on everything you need to know real-estate related
- You have a valid G license and a reliable car that doesn’t look like a piece of sh*t
- You can travel anywhere up to 1h away from Hamilton, Ontario.
- You want to grow with a company to take things at least as far as $2.0 M gross profit per year.
- Help free up the Owner's time to focus on strategic Team Building by being a reliable, dependable, humble hungary outside Acquisition Rep
- Running Comparables (estimating value of properties),
- Formulate offers using our “buy box” criteria under a variety of exit scenarios,
- Estimate common renovations costs.
- Work closely with our Dispositions Manager to sell our contracts utilizing both on-market and off-market strategies.
- Attend 3-10 in-person sales appointments per week
- Daily phone/SMS/email followup with sellers
- Live answer inbound calls, webforms and occasional SMS messages.
- Participate/undergo internal and external training to become an unstoppable Sales Rep
- Qualified Leads are treated with the highest level of customer service
- 4+ signed contracts to buy per month that meet our “buy box” criteria
- Be a team player by being humble, hungary and people Smart
- Show up everyday, learn as fast as you can, commit to getting better over time.
- Commit to helping the team grow in other ways.
This Role is For You if:
- You have MINIMUM 2 YEARS prior sales experience and seek growth be it financial, educational, business-wise, environmental or all of the above.
- You enjoy being a part of a great team, synergizing, working toward big yet common goals, growth and humility.
- You get ENERGIZED from working with and helping others.
- You operate under COMPLETE HONESTY.
- You are a STRONG ENGLISH COMMUNICATOR. Whether verbal or written, you can explain anything clearly and simply.
- You generally have a can-do attitude
- You enjoy being held accountable and see it as a clear way to grow and win.
This Role is NOT for you if:
- You are not a job hopper
- You have not moved up in the last 3 years
- You are not humble but instead egocentric and your main objective is to make a lot of money in a short period of time
- You majorly struggle with articulating your thoughts, communicating with others.
- You avoid being held accountable to producing results.
- You regularly blame others for your results or lack thereof.
- First 90 days: $5K/month base + 5% of gross profit on assignment fees on purchase contracts sold by our Dispositions Sales Team.
- After 90 days: 10% of gross assignment fee on all purchase contracts sold by our Dispositions Sales Team.
- We expect an average Sales Rep to do around $80K per month minimum in gross profit on assignment fees
- We will provide education and support to help you buy your first home, your first (or next) rental property and give you the co-op agent’s commission in cash (less our out-of-pocket expenses)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$200,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have a valid G license and own and have access to a reliable car?
- Do you currently live within a 30 minute drive to Hamilton, Ontario?
- Are you willing to do a battery of assessments to allow us to gauge your personal preferences and problem-solving abilities?
- Direct-to-consumer sales: 2 years (required)
Work Location: On the road