Reporting to the Program Manager, Transit Management Systems, is responsible for extracting, evaluating, analyzing and researching data generated from the various components of the Transportation Services Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence System; preparing statistical and narrative reports; collecting, analyzing, interpreting, summarizing, creating and maintaining data files to support systems software configurations as related to the Transit Management Systems and Roads Operations Systems, Corporate software and Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence; supporting the installations of hardware and software upgrades and new equipment configurations; and providing system support for the development, implementation, operation and maintenance of specialized automated systems and related applications, as required
- Researches new technologies, future systems, software, and hardware components related to Transit Management Systems (TMS) and other technology applications as it relates to corporate systems, databases and platforms.
- Gathers data relative to design and application workflow; works with Branch and Departmental staff, ITS and other stakeholders to recommend system prototypes for user consultation, and contributes to the design, development, testing, modification, documentation and implementation of systems.
- Analyzes external systems requiring integration to technology systems; implements interfaces in consultation with ITS and Transit business groups.
- Provides Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence (DWBI) system services, by analysing data requirements.
- Designs, develops, implements and synchronizes Transit technology applications, relational database systems and creates linkages to those technology systems.
- Researches, organizes, implements and documents data acquisition, transformation, creation and maintenance processes, and ensures that data meets the Department’s quality requirements.
- Manages projects and leads project teams, ensuring the timely delivery of products and services, and tracks project activities, time lines and project deliverables.
- Assists management with all technology related project invoices, work orders and change request documents.
- Liaises with internal staff, providing systems expertise and support to ensure consistent and effective systems performance; shares information regarding initiatives and other best practices with Branch and Departmental staff.
- Liaises with external contractors, vendors, and suppliers on general troubleshooting, updates, maintenance and support contracts and to ensure reliable system performance, in consultation with ITS.
- Maintains current expertise by reviewing technical literature, attending seminars, conferences and training, as required.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Sciences or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience providing project implementation analysis and support in data management systems, data integrity and security as it relates to transportation technology systems and application development and spatial data creation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of transportation technology industry and transportation related systems and applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of systems development life cycle processes using databases and programming languages.
- Experience in manipulating and analyzing data using VBA, Oracle (PL/SQL) and MSSQL (T-SQL).
- Experience in developing applications using development tools (MS Visual Studio, Java Developer, SQL and Oracle Application Express and Salesforce Apex).
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications.
- Ability to research, document, and present technical information for management.
- Ability to analyze and resolve technical problems.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate, plan, implement and evaluate programs for customer service.
- Experience in project management and leading project teams.
- Knowledge of trends in the use of current technology as it relates to data management systems.