Green Tractors Inc, is currently seeking a talented Parts Person with agricultural experience. This is a full-time position located at our Omemee location. If you enjoy promoting and selling parts and satisfying customer needs, Green Tractors would like to hear from you.
The Parts Associate is responsible for providing consistently high levels of customer service through the sales, ordering and stocking of parts in a busy John Deere Dealership. They will be tasked with advising clients on the most appropriate part for their specific needs; handling inquiries about part function, pricing, applications, warranties; and locating in-stock items or placing orders with suppliers upon request. This individual will be expected to meet team sales targets as directed by the Parts Manager. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
Manage inventory and order parts to meet customers’ needs.
- Establish rapport with customers by offering consistently high levels of customer service.
- Provide information regarding parts, including their function, prices, applications and warranties.
- Locate the needed parts or service and any related parts or service in which customers might be interested.
- Maintain ongoing current knowledge regarding which parts are in inventory, require reordering, or must be specially ordered.
- Obtain the information needed to place special orders and ensure that the correct parts are sent.
- Must research the availability of certain parts, either within the retail facility or from other sources as necessary, and must be able to search part numbers using the computer or standard catalogs.
- Maintain working knowledge of seasonal requirements for parts and of requirements for parts that arise as a result of recalls or specials in the Service Department.
- Help customers select parts.
- Provide customers with information about accessory parts and specials.
- Ensure that customers are made aware of the entire product line.
- Take orders for parts by telephone, technician counter, retail counter, and via email.
- Interact with the Service Department to ensure smooth delivery of parts.
- Organize orders to be delivered.
- Help to ensure that aged inventory levels remain low.
- Help to stock new parts and maintain parts in an organized way at all times.
- Assist in conducting regular physical inventory counts.
- Willingly performs other duties assigned.
Possess at a minimum a High School Diploma or GED equivalent; a bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or College is preferred.
- 1 – 2 years of agricultural, turf and/or commercial worksite equipment experience preferred.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly and effectively foster meaningful and trusting relationships.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team oriented environment.
- Experience and knowledge with Electronic Parts Catalog’s (EPC).
- Strong computer skills with the ability to navigate through multiple internet applications.
- Must be alert to sales opportunities by taking the time to ask customers questions and provide information about parts and service.
- Detail oriented with excellent documentation skills.
Why Green Tractors?
Great training opportunities through John Deere, as well as internal training.
- Competitive compensation driven by experience, expected range of $18 - $26 per hour
- RRSP’s and extended benefits
- Employee Discounts
- Future Growth Opportunities
- Excellent Team Environment
Green Tractors Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For accommodation please contact [email protected].