Northeast Kings Education Centre
3.5 hours per day
Term position effective April 10 - December 8, 2023
Wages commensurate with Job Band 4 ($19.71 per hour)
Closing date for applications: Midnight, March 27, 2023
Terms and conditions of employment, including wages, are in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Employment for Non-Union Employees (AVRCE).
Reporting to the school Principal.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Must be able to work independently and accurately while on a flexible schedule.
- Proven secretarial skills with strong communication, collaborative, and organizational abilities.
- Completion of recognized degree or diploma program in office administration is required.
- A demonstrated caring for and interest in working with students.
- Previous office experience preferably in a school environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, parents, and the public.
- The desire to work in an inclusive school environment where there are frequent interruptions.
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications including; word processing, spreadsheet, databases, internet including email, and web design.
- Experience with Aesop, SAP and School Cash Net software programs.
- Experience with school administrative software programs (PowerSchool).
- Accounting experience and experience with accounting software.
- Knowledge of cash and banking procedures.
- Accurate typing skills and precise filing skills.
- Familiarity with current office procedures and equipment.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems independently, to work as part of a team and to exercise good judgment, take initiative and accept responsibility, and the ability to manage time effectively.
- Enthusiasm and a pleasant manner.
Details regarding the specific responsibilities relating to this position may be obtained by contacting Kevin Veinot, Principal, 902-582-2040. A selection process will be conducted for short-listed applicants.
All applications will be considered in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Employment for Non-Union Employees Policy:
- This position is first available to current “Non-Union” employees of the Annapolis Valley Regional Centre for Education.
- Second, this position is available to Employment Equity external candidates.
- Third, if there are no successful candidates from the Employment Equity applicant pool, then other external candidates who are not members of the identified peoples will be considered for this position.
Please include the names of three work-related references with telephone numbers and email addresses. One of the references shall be your most recent immediate supervisor.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.