Please Note: We are only accepting applicants who currently reside in the geographic location of this position.
Are you passionate about the commercial fishing industry?
Aero Trading Co Ltd is looking for a motivated Seafood Production Team Lead to join our team!
Does this describe you?
You have a genuine interest in the seafood or commercial fishing industry. You are a natural leader and passionate about playing an important role in operating a diversified, fast-paced, premium seafood processing plant. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and get down and dirty to make sure everything gets done, even if it means staying a bit late or coming in on weekends. Working with smart people and being part of a successful, growing business keeps you motivated and engaged. We want you on our team!
About Aero Trading Co. Ltd.
Aero Trading is one of the most diversified wild seafood buyers and processors in British Columbia. With two Federally certified processing plants and access to an extensive West Coast commercial fishing fleet, Aero Trading is an internationally reputable source for premium, wild seafood products for discerning customers around the world.
About this Opportunity
As the Seafood Production Team Lead with Aero Trading, you will assist the Vancouver Plant and Production Managers and work closely with them. Your role provides vital support in the successful operation of the processing plant. You will help maintain the success of our business by assisting with the complex and ever-changing daily operations of our Vancouver plant.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Help maintain quality standards and identify improvements in processing procedures
- Assist in the collection and maintenance of production data
- Assist with the planning of production schedules (i.e., materials and labour requirements)
- Help optimize production capacity and decrease costs by leveraging plant equipment and available labour
- Set a positive example and encourage all staff to adhere to all safety precautions/standards at the plant
- Assist with the logistics of incoming and outgoing products
- Help with the recruitment of plant staff
- Work within a flexible schedule
Your Qualifications and Experience
- Passionate about the Commercial Fishing and Marine Industry
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a related and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of budgeting
- Skilled in planning and resource allocation
- High degree of accountability
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong desire to interact with and support all members of a diverse team to meet plant goals
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed, providing hands-on support as required
- Leadership skills are an asset
Your Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Extended medical and dental benefits
- Opportunity to learn new skills and grow your career
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? We want to hear from you!
Please apply today with your Resume and Cover Letter!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Have you attached a Cover Letter, explaining why you would be the perfect fit for this position?
- fast-paced production environment: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person