MTE Consultants Inc. has provided engineering consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 5 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we are all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineer-in-Training to work out of our Kitchener office.
- Conduct fieldwork associated with a wide range of investigations, including drilling and test pitting
- Compaction testing of soil and asphalt using a nuclear gauge, concrete testing, aggregate sampling, and other geotechnical inspections
- Aggregate laboratory testing
- Onsite reporting and coordination
- Prepare geotechnical engineering reports under the supervision of a licensed geotechnical engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or Geotechnical Engineering (Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering is considered an asset)
- Registered as an EIT through PEO and working towards P.Eng. designation
- 0 to 1 year of related work experience (including co-op experience)
- CCIL or ACI Concrete Technician is considered an asset
- CCIL – Category “C’ Aggregate Technician is considered an asset
- Team player with ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Strong skills in MS Office software, including Word and Excel, and other programs including AutoCAD and Geo-Slope
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle; vehicle must carry nuclear densometer insurance
- Successful Criminal Records Check which has been completed within 6 months of start date.
MTE Consultants Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit package including the following:
- Competitive Wages
- Shared Ownership in Our Employee Owned Company
- Group RRSP Matching program
- Technical Development and Career Opportunities
- Social and Supportive Culture; and much more!
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Agencies, please.
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
Work Location: In person