Avafina Organics is an organic plant-based food manufacturer and an innovative leader in health foods production. As a conscious food manufacturer, we care about the quality of our food and the effects on our environment. All of our products are consciously crafted to be nutrient rich and free from all artificial ingredients, fillers and preservatives.
We are committed to help our customers and employees feel good through nutritious and delicious products that are organic, wholesome, plant based and minimally processed.
We are also a wholesale exporter and importer of organic ingredients and raw materials from around the world. Servicing the North American market for over 20 years, we have grown into a leading organic supplier of wholesome organic ingredients. Avafina is a plant based organic manufacturer
We are seeking a full-time Human Resources Coordinator to support our vision and assist our growth by helping us recruit and retain the best employees.
What we are looking for:
An experienced individual who has great communication and negotiation skills, who will work closely with management to deliver a wide range of HR Services including recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, performance management and benefits administration.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Oversee all HR functions for approximately 30 employees
· Develop and implement a variety of HR strategies and initiatives
· Oversee and design the implementation of employee job descriptions, career development, and leadership training.
· Assist the company Controller with the bi-weekly payroll process.
· Assist with strategic guidance on organizational design, talent development and succession planning
· Assist management to resolve employee relations issues with a fair and consistent approach
· Manage salaried employee compensation and benefit programs
· Ensure compliance with local and federal labour laws and regulations
· Develop and monitor internal company HR Policies
· Post Secondary Education (Bachelors or Higher Preferred) in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
· CPHR Designation Preferred
· Minimum of 5 years experience in progressive HR Roles
· Friendly and approachable disposition
· Ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
· Ability to remain calm and objective
· Perform tasks with good judgement, diplomacy and discretion
· Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
· Down to earth approach comfortable in a variety of situations and work environments
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
This full-time position, salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter with a brief description of your experience, interests in organic foods and salary expectation in .pdf format.
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person