At Guelph General Hospital, we are committed to our Mission of providing exemplary and equitable care for and with our community.
Living our values is important here and if you want to join a team that is compassionate, inclusive, respectful, collaborative and inspired, you can see more details about the position currently available below.
Current Rate of Pay: Min $38.78 - Max $ 48.47
Current Shifts: Days & Evenings (Monday to Friday) - 8hrs
Anaesthesia Assistants are an integral part of the Perioperative program. The role functions in collaboration with multidisciplinary health care team but more specifically with Anaesthesiologists. The Anaesthesia Assistant provides a high level of technical and therapeutic interventions while also providing anaesthesia monitoring to the patient during the pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative phase of the patient’s stay.
In this role, you will:
- Have ongoing opportunities to learn and grow with a generous professional development program via our education assistance fund and in-house development programs
- Have access to a total rewards package which includes competitive pay, health and dental benefits (through GGH or HCP) and the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) where we match your contributions by 126%
- Be a part of an organization committed to the well-being of our workforce
- Support the Guelph Wellington Ontario Health Team’s commitment to anti-racism and anti-oppression through our actions
- Be a part of a team of high performing health care professionals
Guelph is the perfect location for health care professionals seeking to make the most of life’s experiences. From our expansive trails and waterways to internationally recognized arts and cultural events, to diverse restaurants and craft breweries, the Royal City has something for everyone
- It’s one of Ontario's most robust and growing economies
- You will have access to excellent schools which include a university and college
- There are multiple centres of faith reflected in the community
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Current General Certificate of Registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (CRTO); Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Minimum of 3 years critical care experience with commitment to complete either formal training as an Anesthesia Assistant and/or an in-house training program.
- Successful completion of formal training as an Anesthesia Assistant (AA) and/or Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists CCAA designation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal, conflict resolution, and stress management skills
- Advanced problem solving skills and time management skills
- Demonstrated, and ongoing commitment to continuing education
- Capable of making critical decisions, in collaboration with the Anesthesiologist, with appropriate responses. Demonstrates the ability to function with confidence in emergencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively within a team in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service when interacting with patients, families, colleagues and physicians
Come and join our team if you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you will be supported and empowered.
All positions at GGH contribute to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. GGH is committed to fostering a safe and healthy work environment which provides equal opportunities to people with disabilities. In pursuit of GGH’s vision of together, a healthier community for everyone, all employees are responsible for practicing the values of being compassionate, inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and inspired to provide the highest quality care and experience for patients and their families.