Who We Are:
Populous has designed and delivered some of the world's most memorable civic, sports and entertainment buildings, from iconic stadia to ground-breaking live music venues. Populous is where architects and designers of all kinds create moments bigger than ourselves. We’re a global specialized design firm with local roots in 8 cities across Americas. Populous offers the best of both worlds: the resources and impact of the design giants and the tightly knit atmosphere and growth opportunities of smaller firms.
What We Offer:
Professional Development & Training Programs + Summer Hours + Flexible Schedule / Hybrid Schedule + Paid Architect Licensure & Certifications Exams + Wedding Pay + Charitable Match Program
Who We Are Looking For:
Populous is seeking an attentive, adaptable, and technically proficient Architectural Technologist to join our dynamic and collaborative atmosphere.
Architectural Technologist are a respected part of our diverse project teams, working alongside our experienced architects and designers to prepare Revit models of buildings, interior spaces, and other custom content, as well as assisting and troubleshooting potential workflow challenges as they arise.
What Your Day Could Consist Of:
- Prepare Revit models of buildings, interiors, and family content.
- Assist and troubleshoot potential workflow challenges (Autodesk Products, SketchUp, Rhino, various plug-ins, etc.).
- Educate end-users on Revit content, workflows, and best practices.
- Monitor digital activities across multiple projects to ensure that a complete deliverable consistent with company standards is produced.
- Assists in cross-discipline discussions and coordination.
- Utilize clash detection software to identify conflicts in virtual spaces.
- Work in tandem with our larger design technology group to assist the rollout of new workflows and technologies.
- Assist Project Managers in coordinating changes with other disciplines.
- Together with the Project Manager, organize and participate in team meetings.
- Together with the Project Manager, constitute a team resource for shop drawings and technical data sheets.
Requirements For Success:
- Proficiency in Revit.
- General understanding of and/or experience with architectural construction documents and coordination.
- General understanding of and/or experience with 3D coordination and clash detection and resolution.
- Strong technology and problem-solving skills.
- Confident, articulate, and professional communication abilities.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in design/drafting technology, architecture, engineering, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years of full-time work experience, minimum 1-2 years Revit experience (combination of education and experience accepted).
- Proven work history in office or similar environment.
- Familiarity with Bluebeam or similar PDF program is a plus.
- Familiarity with Navisworks Manage is a plus.
- Familiarity with Dynamo is a plus.
- On-Site experience.
- Bilingual - French and English
- Experience in refurbishment and retrofits.
- Large-scale building experience.
Populous is an equal opportunity employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment in accordance with applicable human rights legislation.
No. 1 Most Innovative Company in Architecture by Fast Company
One of the 50 most innovative companies in the world for 2022 by Fast Company
No. 1 AEC firm in convention and conference facilities sector by BD+C
No. 19 Architecture Firms of 2021 by Architectural Record
Find us here - https://populous.com/careers
Architect Technologist / BIM Technologist